Social Media Manager
San Francisco, CA
Content & Storytelling
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book camping, glamping, and RV accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. Our mission is to get more people outside. We accomplish this by making nature more accessible, creating revenue to support the protection of land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp is looking for a Social Media Manager to own strategy and content creation and publishing for all of our social media channels including Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
You’re a creative, passionate, and organized social media manager who lives and breathes planning and creating engaging and shareable content that increases brand awareness, improves marketing efforts and achieves the important company goal of inspiring more people to get outdoors.
About the role + your day to day
You will define and drive social media publishing for a fast-paced mission-driven start-up, working within our Marketing Team and also cross-functionally with our product, customer support, and sales teams on projects that support our important goal of getting more people outside.
What skills we ask for
- 3-6 years of experience in a Social Media Manager role or similar experience
- Exceptional writing skills, along with a good visual eye and ability to create original, high-quality content that engages on all social channels
- Monitoring, listening, and helpfully responding to users in a “social” way while driving bookings and Hipcamp Host leads
- Keeping fingers on the pulse of latest social media best practices and technologies
- Experience planning, managing, and growing social media followers, engagement, and conversions across multiple platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube)
- Data-driven decision maker with an eye for metrics and continual measurement of progress toward goals and solid understanding of social media KPIs
- Proven ability to manage a social media calendar and ensure creation of content on each channel that meets deadlines and achieves business goals in a fast-paced environment
- Managing and assessing efforts across platforms based on business impact and tweaking strategy as needed
- Knowledge of online publishing and data analytics platforms
- Results-driven and data-driven decision maker
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills based on impact
- Ability to edit photos and video for Instagram and Facebook
- Attention to detail and expertise at ensuring brand voice consistency and reputation management
- Experience working with influencers on measurably successful campaigns achieving business goals.
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Grace under pressure and great multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess.
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library, and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands.
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission St. close to the Powell BART station.
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.