Senior Product Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
You can read through our full company values here, they include:
-Leave it better.
-Hold each other up
-Diversity is strength
You will have the opportunity to join a team that respects each other, values empathetic leadership, cross-collaboration, and is wildly passionate about getting more people outside.
About the Opportunity
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add a Product Analyst to our team who is obsessed with data, using it to prioritize and drive business decisions and direction throughout the organization.
In this role, you will use data to help develop and execute Hipcamp’s product roadmap and product strategy. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader who knows how to use data to help build the pillars of a business from the ground up and is excited to work hands-on driving innovative initiatives. You’ll work to improve the marketplace for our host partners and campers, solving problems with cross-functional teams.
Hipcamp’s culture is built on a deep and genuine commitment to helping people connect with the planet. To accomplish this, we are committed to innovating at every level and are a product company at our core. To us, product doesn’t mean just Hipcamp.com and our future mobile apps—it also means the actual campsites and the on-the-ground experience people have. This is a chance to flex your big picture thinking and lead a product that spans online to offline, digital to physical, bits to atoms, HTML to campsite design.
You have been in a product analyst role before, ideally at a marketplace or a consumer-facing company. You are passionate about building and scaling early stage start-ups and using data-driven decisions to help them focus on the right things. You know that “product” spans the website to the campsite, and are excited to work in a strategic and holistic way on this unique challenge and to create an incredibly high-quality experience for the Hipcamp community.
What you'll get to do:
- Develop high-quality reports and visualizations that convey information clearly for a variety of target audiences
- Design data models and systems to deliver valuable insights, answer questions that have yet to be asked and help the business make better decisions
- Work with engineering to implement, validate, and monitor logging and metrics
- Develop dependable data pipelines and automated reporting to surface metrics
- Formulate, compile, and prioritize deep dives into business, user and product questions
- Utilize data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, trends, user segmentation, regression models, etc.
- Formulate and analyze multivariate experiments, and develop experimentation competencies across Hipcamp teams
- Empower individuals and teams to make data-driven decision and to execute faster while working towards creating a data-informed culture
What we're looking for:
- Analytical leadership: 4+ years of applied experience executing analysis, communicating results, & developing metrics that matter. You can easily translate data into decision-ready insights
- Technical expertise: Experience with data tools -- Python, R, SQL -- as well as proficiency with spreadsheets
- Strong communication: You’re a strong communicator. Explaining complex concepts shouldn’t be a problem for you
- Prioritization and speed: Comfortable and effective at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously in a fluid and fast paced start-up environment
- Ability to see around the corner: Ability to make tradeoffs and find balanced solutions, particularly with applying scientific rigor vs. speed of execution
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Embrace the opportunities and challenges that come with a fast-paced, creative, and innovative start-up environment
Working at Hipcamp
- Health is essential to happiness, and self-care is the foundation of success. We offer full health insurance, a monthly wellness stipend, and $1K annually in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine. It also increases your creativity, lowers your stress and makes you an overall more awesome human.
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess. We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library, and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands. Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We love sunlight, succulents, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin sauce. We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.