Manager, Growth Operations
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
As the Hipcamp Operations team, it’s our mission to expand the Hipcamp community, and to support it with programs and processes that create the best possible experiences for Hosts and Hipcampers.
About the Role:
As a Growth Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading all supply (Host) acquisition efforts in your geographic region. Hosts are at the core of our community, and helping more landowners discover, and sign up for, Hipcamp is your mission.
You will have various strategies and tactics at your disposal to develop your markets, and you will be responsible for coordinating their targeting, budgeting, execution, success measurement, and ongoing iteration. Since you’re a highly motivated, analytical, and creative individual, we’re also excited to see what new strategies and tactics you come up with!
What Success Looks Like:
- You generate a high volume of high quality leads in your markets by prioritizing which supply growth levers to pull, when, and how hard.
- You take on end to end ownership of testing new growth levers—identifying opportunities, determining audience and budget, executing, and evaluating success with the solid attribution you’ve put in place.
- You move quickly. When you see an opportunity, you go for it. You bias for business impact, not perfection.
- You excel at developing and maintaining relationships with different types of people, and are excited about connecting with the Hipcamp Host Community to learn more about how we can grow in their area and best support them as our partners.
- You know that your, and the company’s, success is tied to operating in a highly-collaborative way. You partner with others in the Market Ops team, the wider Ops org, Marketing, Product, and Analytics teams in order to coordinate, execute, and learn faster. You know that we’re stronger working together as a team.
- You’re methodical and accurate, but you execute with urgency and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. No task is too small for you as you’re solely focused on growing a thriving Host community in your region.
What Sets You Up For Success:
- 3+ years experience working in strategy and operations roles that are fast-paced, analytical, ambiguous, and execution-focused.
- Excellent analytical instincts. You’re hands on with data and effectively use data in decision making, execution, and process improvement.
- You’re highly data-driven, and can unblock yourself when it comes to sourcing and analysing the data you need to better understand a problem/opportunity. You of course partner with the Analytics team to unpack the really tough problems, but that’s more the exception than the rule for you.
- You use data and processes to prioritize and execute your market strategies so that you can continuously measure and refine your methods.
- You bring energy and hustle to your roles, and don’t limit yourself to “how things have always been done”. You carve new paths to prove that there’s a better way.
- Proven track record of executing on complex projects under tight deadlines and with ambitious targets. You don’t shy away from a challenge.
- Propensity to ask insightful questions, conduct thorough research, and understand both high-level strategy and ground-level tactical needs.
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Amplitude, Looker, Tableau), Excel, Google Suite, Asana.
- Proficiency in SQL or a willingness to learn.
- Ownership of results is in your DNA.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team.
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.