Hipcamp is looking for a Product Manager to join our distributed Product team to lead our Host growth initiatives. The ideal candidate has 2+ years in Product Management or Growth and has experience building supply in a marketplace business. If you’re passionate about the outdoors and would like to work in a fast-paced startup environment remotely from (almost) anywhere in the US, then we want you!
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
Hipcamp’s product culture is built on a deep and genuine commitment to helping people connect with the outdoors. To us, product doesn’t mean just Hipcamp.com and our mobile apps—it also means the actual campsites and the on-the-ground experience our guests and hosts have. This is a chance to flex your big picture thinking and lead a product that spans both online and offline experiences.
About the Role
In this role, you will help to put more money in the hands of rural landowners by growing the number of high quality, successful hosts on Hipcamp. You will be responsible for all aspects of the host onboarding flow, from the first impression to the first time a host receives a guest on their land. You'll work closely with our Engineering, Design, and Operations teams to deliver the experience and technology that drive the core engine of our business. Building a great product is a highly collaborative effort, so it’s important you are a team player with strong communication skills.
What Success Looks Like
- You synthesize and prioritize the needs of our Hosts and the internal Teams that work with Hosts.
- You create, optimize, and iterate on host acquisition and onboarding funnels where the ROI is highest.
- You partner with analytics and operations to identify, understand and activate hosts in key markets.
- You lead a team of engineers, designers, and operations teammates to drive exponential growth
- You're an expert on scaling supply in a healthy two-sided marketplace of hosts and campers with different needs.
- You define success metrics, analyze performance, experiment and iterate quickly.
- You maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action, yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and take guidance.
- You leverage process and create structure to help teams be the most productive.
What Sets You Up For Success
- 2+ years in Product Management or Growth at a marketplace company
- Proficiency with rapid hypothesis-driven experimentation and analysis
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders
- Strong UX and design sense
- Operational mindset
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Comfort working in fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Passion for our mission
About our Work Environment
Compensation will be a mix of salary and stock options. It is based on your location and will be highly competitive compared to similar-stage companies.
Health is essential to happiness. In addition to full health insurance, all team members receive a monthly wellness stipend and $1K in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine in addition to increasing your creativity, lowering your stress, and making you an overall more awesome human.
We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.