Lead Technical Recruiter
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp makes it easy to list, discover, and book campgrounds and accommodations on private and public land. Whether you’re looking for a scenic spot to pitch your tent or planning a nature-filled getaway in a cabin, Hipcamp is your go-to guide to getting outside. For landowners such as farmers and ranchers, the platform creates new revenue streams that can support conserving their land.
Hipcamp allows individuals to search and discover private camping sites across America based on location, landscapes, activities, and amenities. Hipcamp contains over 300,000 listings for camping, glamping, and RV parking.
One of our core beliefs is that people who are connected and aligned with nature are happier and healthier humans. We believe in humane work rooted in conservation and the promotion of well-being.
Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz and Benchmark Capital.
About the Opportunity
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add an energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced Lead Technical Recruiter to our Talent Team. This person will be an integral part of our recruiting efforts to help us achieve our immediate 2020 hiring goals. This role will be based out of our San Francisco office (not a remote opportunity) and will report to our Director of People.
In this role, you will own and drive the technical recruiting process from end-to-end and partner closely with our Director of People, other Technical Recruiter, and hiring managers across our entire organization.
We care deeply about delivering an exceptional experience that gives our candidates a genuine view of Hipcamp and our impact. Sourcing is a big part of our strategy at Hipcamp, and we’re committed to building a diverse & inclusive workplace. If you’re passionate about hiring, growing small start-ups, and making a positive impact on the world, this role is for you!
What you'll get to do
- Full-cycle recruiting (source, screen, qualify, offer, close) for various roles and teams throughout Hipcamp
- Lead and own the entire Technical Recruiting function at Hipcamp
- Develop a scalable sourcing strategy for your roles and screen all incoming talent
- Manage our applicant tracking system and your pipelines via our ATS (Lever)
- Ensure that all hiring managers, candidates, and recruiters are fully informed of their status throughout the recruitment process
- Create and execute strategies for identifying and engaging active and passive candidates, and build robust and diverse pipelines of candidates through various channels
- Drive offer approval, extension, negotiation, and close candidates
- Partner closely with hiring managers and their teams to understand their hiring needs and create unique strategies for each search
- Talent acquisition experience: 4+ years of in-house technical recruiting experience
- Technical familiarity: You've used the latest and greatest in recruiting technologies and are fluid in applicant tracking systems (Lever preferred)
- Strategic sourcer: You know the best candidates are often the ones not actively looking and you know how to find and engage them
- Strong communication: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritization and speed: You operate with a sense of urgency and are comfortable working smart and fast while juggling multiple roles
- Ability to see around the corner: You are innovative, curious, empathetic and constantly looking for new ways to find top talent and to reach underrepresented communities
- High close rate: You have a track record of finding and closing top engineers
- Hustle & scrappiness: You know what it takes to build a small start-up, and you’re a pro at this with many tricks in your back pocket
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you embrace the opportunities and challenges that come with a fast-paced, creative, and innovative start-up environment
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located near 5th & Mission Street, close to the Powell BART/Muni station
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
- We love sunlight, plants, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin’ sauce and hope you do too
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.