San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
You can read through our full company values here.
-Leave it better
-Hold each other up
-Diversity is strength
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth; and in this role, you will have the opportunity to join a team that respects each other, values empathetic leadership, cross-collaboration, and is wildly passionate about getting more people outside.
About the Opportunity
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add a Product Manager to our team who is obsessed with customers and creating the best experiences possible for them.
In this role, you will work to develop and execute Hipcamp’s product roadmap. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial leader who knows how to build the pillars of a business from the ground up and is excited to work hands-on driving innovative initiatives. You’ll build strong relationships and become a champion for stakeholders, leading a cross-functional pod to develop and evolve features. Your work will shape the trajectory and growth of Hipcamp for years to come.
Hipcamp’s culture is built on a deep and genuine commitment to helping people connect with the planet. To accomplish this, we are committed to innovating at every level and are a product company at our core. To us, product doesn’t mean just Hipcamp.com and our future mobile apps—it also means the actual campsites and the on-the-ground experience people have. This is a chance to flex your big picture thinking and lead a product that spans online to offline, digital to physical, bits to atoms, HTML to campsite design.
You have been in product management roles before, ideally at a marketplace or a consumer-facing company. You are passionate about building and scaling early stage start-ups and driving through rapid growth. You know that “product” spans the website to the campsite, and are excited to work in a strategic and holistic way on this unique challenge and to create an incredibly high-quality experience for the Hipcamp community.
- Product Management experience and core competencies: You’ve worked as a PM for 4+ years, and you’ve become an expert by constantly honing your craft.
- Cross-functional leadership: Experience leading teams to effectively ideate, validate, prioritize, build, ship, experiment, measure, and grow new products. You know how to work effectively with designers, analysts, engineers and business stakeholders.
- Product sense: Strong product sense with an ability to envision technology solutions that address user needs and market opportunities.
- Analytical ability: You can break down open-ended problems, complex systems and move forward in the face of ambiguity. You make data driven decisions.
- Technical aptitude: You know what it takes to build technical products and drive technical decisions with engineers across the full stack, from the presentation layer down to the data layer.
- Communication skills: Strong intuition for communication strategy — within teams, within the company, to campers, to hosts, and a myriad of other audiences.
- Ability to see around the corner: You can build products and features that will accelerate how quickly we can grow as a company.
- Passion for experience: You are driven to create the best experience possible for your community of customers, and know that you must listen to them to be able to do so.
Your day to day
- Synthesize and prioritize user needs. Own the narrative and data behind what problem should be solved, for whom, how, and why it matters.
- Own the entire product development lifecycle from concept to launch to adoption.
- Build consensus and work collaboratively with engineering, design, and other key stakeholders.
- Become an expert on scaling a healthy two-sided marketplace of hosts and campers with different needs.
- Define success metrics and analyze performance, balancing quantitative and qualitative insights to drive decisions, experiment and iterate quickly.
- Maintain a strong bias for stepping up and taking action, yet demonstrate a willingness to learn and take guidance.
- Leverage process and create structure to help teams be the most productive.
Working at Hipcamp
Health is essential to happiness, and self-care is the foundation of success. We offer full health insurance, a monthly wellness stipend, and $1K annually in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine. It also increases your creativity, lowers your stress and makes you an overall more awesome human.
We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from the get-go without having to guess. We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library, and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands. Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We love sunlight, succulents, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin' sauce. We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.