Senior Software Engineer – Front-end
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp is looking for a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join our growing team in San Francisco! If you are a full-stack or back-end specialist, please apply here as we are considering senior applicants throughout the stack.
To learn all about what Hipcamp Engineering is like click here.
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are deeply passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
At Hipcamp, we believe programming is a practice, like yoga or surfing. It is a skill that can be eternally improved, an art form so infinitely complex that it cannot be mastered. We encourage team members to continue learning and exploring their curiosities. We like to deploy features early and often, learning as much as we can in the process. The foundation of our blameless culture is trust in our engineers.
About the role
We are looking for a front-end web developer interested in building performant cross-browser apps for both desktop and mobile. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
What you'll get to do
- Build and architect front-end applications
- Define engineering-wide standards for front-end development
- Collaborate closely with our product and design teamDiagnose and fix bugs. Address bottlenecks to deliver high performance
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality
- Stay up to date on current tooling and best practices
Skills we ask for
- Experience working on a consumer web app at scale
- Experience with React.js, Typescript, state management solutions (Redux preferred), CSS-in-JS solutions (styled-components preferred) and a firm understanding of how they're architected
- Looking for at least 4 years of experience implementing UIs and at least 1-year professional experience with React
Working at Hipcamp
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend, an annual camping credit to get outside, as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings (if you used up all of your annual credit). :)
- We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity
- We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We take team camping trips together, have a stocked gear library and access to pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 965 Mission Street, close to the Powell BART station
- We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and we greatly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.