Junior Office Manager + Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are crazy passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
Hipcamp is looking for an Office Manager & Executive Assistant to join our growing team in San Francisco. This person will run the daily operations of our office, assist our Founder & CEO in various projects, and provide administrative support to our staff to ensure all daily procedures run smoothly. We love our office and culture and are seeking an office manager who will be at the heart of helping us promote a clean, open, inclusive, healthy and welcoming, productive environment that upholds our values and supports our employees’ needs. To be successful in this role, you should have excellent organization skills along with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. A scrappiness and the ability to pivot and go with the flow is also a must in this role.
Previous administrative experience is preferred; however, we are willing to train someone without prior office management experience for this role, and we especially encourage underrepresented candidates to apply.
What you will do
- Manage all things office related to: greeting guests, office supplies, furniture/desk setup, maintenance and repairs, office cleanliness, and other various tasks
- Order and coordinate grocery deliveries, food and drink, including coordinating occasional lunch deliveries
- Interact with building security and other vendors to take care of facility issues and/or payouts
- Manage incoming packages and mail, sort and distribute, and also manage outgoing packages and mail
- Order office equipment and supplies as needed including furniture delivery and installation
- Event planning including occasional team off-sites and at-office events
- Assist in various functions for our CEO & Founder including errands, occasional calendar management and email
- Assist in various HR and recruiting functions such as helping greet candidates, occasional scheduling and errands as needed
- Ensure new employees desks are set up and their gear is ordered before their first day
- It’s a startup so expect the unexpected!
What skills we ask for
- An organized person - you will need to be able to keep the workspace organized and happy while juggling various requests and rotating daily tasks
- Being detail oriented is critical - you will wear many hats and manage many different tasks in this role
- “No job is too small” attitude - you’ll be unpacking, opening, distributing mail, setting up, breaking down, and all kinds of things in-between
- Someone who wants to contribute to our culture - we welcome new ideas, autonomy and someone who always wants to leave things better
- Willingness to learn new things
- Willing to pivot within the role as business needs change
- Someone that will have a positive attitude and uphold our company values
- Experience using G Suite products
- Excellent time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working at Hipcamp
- We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.