San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban-rural divide.
You can read through our full company values here.
-Leave it better
-Hold each other up
-Diversity is strength
You will have the opportunity to join a team that respects each other, values empathetic leadership, cross-collaboration, and is wildly passionate about getting more people outside.
About the Opportunity
Hipcamp is embarking on an exciting journey of new growth, and we’re looking to add an energetic and enthusiastic Contract Recruiter to our Talent Team at Hipcamp for the next 6 months (with the opportunity to extend). This person will be an integral part of our recruiting efforts to help us achieve our immediate 2019 hiring goals. This role will be based out of our San Francisco office (not a remote opportunity).
In this role, You’ll own and drive the recruiting process from end-to-end and partner closely with our Talent Lead and hiring managers across our Supply, Product, and Operations departments.
We care deeply about delivering an exceptional experience that gives our candidates a genuine view of Hipcamp and our impact. Sourcing is a big part of our strategy at Hipcamp and we’re committed to building a diverse & inclusive workplace. If you’re passionate about hiring, growing small start-ups, and making a positive impact on the world, this role is for you!
What you'll get to do
- Full-cycle recruiting (source, screen, qualify, offer, close) for various roles and teams throughout Hipcamp
- Develop a scalable sourcing strategy for your roles and screen all incoming talent
- Manage our applicant tracking system and your pipelines via our ATS (Lever)
- Ensure that all hiring managers, candidates, and recruiters are fully informed of their status throughout the recruitment process
- Create and execute strategies for identifying and engaging active and passive candidates, and build robust and diverse pipelines of candidates through various channels
- Drive offer approval, extension, negotiation, and close candidates
- Partner closely with hiring managers and their teams to understand their hiring needs and create unique strategies for each search
- Talent acquisition experience: 3+ years of full cycle recruiting experience
- Technical familiarity: You've used the latest and greatest in recruiting technologies and are fluid in applicant tracking systems (Lever preferred)
- Strategic sourcer: You know the best candidates are often the ones not actively looking and you know how to find and engage them
- Strong communication: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prioritization and speed: You operate with a sense of urgency and are comfortable working smart and fast while juggling multiple roles
- Ability to see around the corner: You are innovative, curious, empathetic and constantly looking for new ways to find top talent and to reach underrepresented communities
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you embrace the opportunities and challenges that come with a fast-paced, creative, and innovative start-up environment
About our Work Environment
Health is essential to happiness, and self-care is the foundation of success. We offer full health insurance, a monthly wellness stipend, and $1K annually in Hipcash because we believe getting outside is excellent preventative medicine. It also increases your creativity, lowers your stress and makes you an overall more awesome human.
We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We support and appreciate individual working styles and help each other’s productivity. Each Hipcamp team member completes a “how to work with me” document so we lay it all out from
the get-go without having to guess. We're committed to striving toward and evolving our shared values in ourselves and in other team members.
We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library, and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands. Our sunny, plant-filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We love sunlight, succulents, the enneagram test, avocados, smoked salmon, bitchin sauce. We hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office.