Head of Support
San Francisco, CA
Hipcamp unlocks access to private land, creating new places for people to get outside and go camping. We believe that spending time in nature is essential to a happy and healthy human life, and we are crazy passionate about our mission to get more people outside. We are deeply proud of the impact Hipcamp creates by making nature more accessible, providing income to support the protection of private land, and creating community across the urban rural divide.
In this role, you will be a senior leader at Hipcamp and lead our Support Team. At Hipcamp, our first company value is "Experience comes first." While all teams directly influence this, no team is as directly involved as our Support Team. Support is our first line of defense when things go sideways. Support also most clearly represents the voice of our community internally.
We view Support as a key source of intelligence that is critical in growing Hipcamp. Success isn’t just measured by how quickly tickets are closed—it’s about empathizing with our hosts and campers, and turning this into insights that address problems at their root cause. One of our most important values is “Leave it better,” and as of the head of this important team, you will be constantly advocating for ways to make Hipcamp better for our community.
You will report to Alyssa Ravasio, Founder and CEO.
What you will get to do
- Lead our Support Team to deliver an awesome experience to our community—including setting strategy, managing and hiring your team
- Collaborate with our Product Team to inform the product roadmap with feedback from our community, combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Handle support tickets and escalations, balance and solve issues that arise amongst campers, hosts, and Hipcamp
- Leverage interactions internally and externally to improve process, product, and policy
- Constantly improve the host and camper experience by evangelizing the intelligence gathered by the Support Team and advocating this throughout the company
What skills we ask for
- You listen first and lead with empathy
- You have a passion for Support, and a strong conviction in Support’s power to make a product and company better
- You love to advocate for customers and help others develop deep empathy for them as well
- You are an analytical, process-oriented systems builder and have a fine-tuned eye for detail
- Prior experience managing people and love supporting people’s growth—both as humans and professionals
- Prior experience leading a support team—bonus for working with distributed team members
- Experience serving as a point of escalation for tough support cases, and have an excellent track record of turning unhappy customers into happy campers
- You've created reports for other teams outside of Support about the success of the Support Team and the sentiments of customers
- Prior experience collaborating directly with Product Teams to use insights from Support to drive product roadmaps
Working at Hipcamp
- As a team, we're committed to striving toward and evolving these shared values in ourselves and in other team members
- We support flexible hours and occasional remote work. We focus on results, not hours. We believe that clearly defined goals combined with awesome people, true empowerment, and nearly total autonomy create the best results
- We believe health is essential to happiness. That's why teammates receive a monthly fitness stipend as well as 50% off all Hipcamp listings
- We take team camping trips together, have a great gear library and can get you pro deals at various outdoor brands
- Our sunny, plant filled office is located at 2 Mint Plaza, between 5th & Mission Street, right next to the Powell BART station. We really hope you have a (well-behaved) dog to bring to our office
Hipcamp is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.