Performance Marketing Lead
New York, New York
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) is building the next generation of recovery care: a meticulously designed brand and media presence which positions sobriety as an aspirational lifestyle choice and an online educational platform to help achieve it. Our unique approach of putting people at the center of their own recovery helps us reach the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. And lets us disrupt the entire recovery industry.
The current product is an 8-week ed-tech/digital therapy/online community that is a blend of online resources and instructor-led online sessions. At this point, thousands of participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of approximately 80. We launched a multi-contributor editorial platform, The Temper, in fall 2018.
We serve a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional for profit treatment modalities. Tempest was founded in 2014 and is backed by Slow Ventures, Refactor, Female Founders Fund, and Red Light Management.
The Performance Marketing Lead will be responsible for driving the strategy and planning for paid search, affiliate, organic search, A/B site testing and optimization; helping to drive sales and engagement. They will be responsible for ensuring digital marketing campaigns are driving qualified traffic, improving ROAS and overall program performance, leveraging iterative testing and data analysis. With a passion for performance marketing and an obsession with KPIs, this leader will play a pivotal role in transforming Tempest’s digital marketing program.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record for driving direct response digital marketing programs. The Performance Marketing Lead will manage site optimization, paid search, affiliate and organic search forecasts and plans, developing, enhancing and growing these channels through not only optimization efforts but also through championing and implementing new ideas and campaigns.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing on strategy and manage paid search, organic search, and affiliate programs, ensuring campaigns are driving qualified traffic.
- Manage development of marketing channel plans and goals to meet performance targets and ensure alignment with fiscal budgets and forecasts.
- Develop paid search campaigns and new program initiatives with a focus on acquisition, engagement, and retention strategy, leveraging CRM lists and segmentation to optimize and meet customer strategy targets.
- Responsible for site optimization strategy and planning, including site A/B site and user testing.
- Lead development and implementation of site optimization strategic testing roadmap.
- Execute landing page testing, personalization, and promotional site marketing.
- Partner with third party agencies and manage search engine optimization efforts, working internally cross-functionally to develop content strategy and translate business goals into SEO strategies.
- Measure and optimize campaign performance, leveraging analysis and data to both identify optimization within the current business and new opportunities for growth.
- Socialize campaign analysis and hindsights. Synthesize information to clearly communicate key learnings, actionable strategy, and recommend new opportunities to leadership.
- Manage digital marketing promotional cadence and planning including development of new and innovative ideas, programs, measurement, and reporting on ROAS and campaign performance
- Socialize channel strategy, priorities, and goals to ensure cross-functional alignment and effective performance marketing management.
- Oversee channel briefs, ensuring all requests meet campaign needs and timelines. Responsible for approval of all assets before campaign launch including campaign QA.
- Continuously staying up to date on industry trends and innovations to maintain detailed knowledge of digital marketing best practices and the retail direct to consumer landscape.
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience, including experience in paid search, organic search, affiliate, and site A/B testing.
- BRAND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Healthcare/Wellness/or other highly regulated markets strongly preferred.
- Proven track record of managing digital marketing channels and successfully optimizing performance.
- Strong analytics skills including ability to synthesize data and provide insights and strategic actions. Self-motivator with collaborative spirit.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work cross-functionally. Proven strategic thinking, analytical, data interpretation, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management and process development capabilities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of SalesForce + Marketing Cloud and experience manipulating data and performing calculations in Excel to create reports (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, formulas, formatting, and dashboards).
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined not only to create a modern, feminist, inclusive, recovery modality but also to entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rose All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking for culture fits, we’re looking for individuals looking to help build and grow an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see this as the obvious way for you to do just that.
Tempest is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair and inclusive employment practices, and strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas to apply. We offer competitive salary/equity packages and benefits.