Personal Assistant to the CEO
New York, New York
Who are we?
Tempest (formerly known as Hip Sobriety) is building the next generation of recovery care: a meticulously designed brand and media presence which positions sobriety as an aspirational lifestyle choice and an online educational platform to help achieve it. Our unique approach of putting people at the center of their own recovery helps us reach the 46 million Americans who don’t identify as addicted. And lets us disrupt the entire recovery industry.
The current product is an 8-week ed-tech/digital therapy/online community that is a blend of online resources and instructor-led online sessions. At this point, thousands of participants have been through the beta course with a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of approximately 80. We launched a multi-contributor editorial platform, The Temper, in fall 2018.
We serve a customer currently ignored by the wellness, healthcare and recovery industries; deliver them to sobriety; and keep them engaged in an evolutionary pursuit at a fraction of the cost of traditional for profit treatment modalities. Tempest was founded in 2014 and is backed by Slow Ventures, Refactor, Female Founders Fund, and Red Light Management.
Tempest is seeking a hard-working, organized, and forward thinking full-time Personal Assistant to support the CEO and help improve productivity. Reporting to the CEO, the Personal Assistant will work closely with the CEO to manage her day-to-day schedule, organize meetings and phone calls, book travel and accommodations, work closely with Marketing and PR to support CEO in appearances and panels, and complete miscellaneous tasks with a high degree of professionalism and expediency. This role will also be responsible for assisting the CEO in managing her personal social media accounts - passion and competency in Instagram, Facebook is a must. Experience supporting senior level executives is preferred, but most importantly we're looking for someone with a high attention to detail and a proven track record of success. If you are scrappy and looking for an opportunity to join a high-growth, mission driven organization, this position could be for you!
- Run personal errands and business related errands for CEO.
- Oversee production of board meetings and other meetings/events.
- Coordinate CEO’s emails, schedule, travel.
- Anticipate materials and other preparations required to ensure successful calls, meetings, and trips.
- Manage social media - Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Serve as the gatekeeper to the CEO – answer emails professionally, screen calls, address issues and redirect calls as needed.
- Manage and maintain complex calendars in Google Calendar – schedule internal/external meetings, speaking engagements, conference calls and special events - enter details and gather materials for upcoming meetings and book tour travel.
- Ability to perform during normal business hours in addition to supporting after hours as needed.
- Communicate with all personal and office staff to keep cohesive schedules including: doctor appointments, sports and other activities.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of related administrative and executive assistant experience, supporting a senior executive a plus.
- Superior computer skills, including experience with excel.
- Experience with social media management.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and problem-solving skills and ability to collaborate with diverse internal and outside personalities at all levels.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high-level executives.
- Organized with strict attention to detail while being able to prioritize appropriately.
- Proactive and forward-thinking to keep CEO organized and balanced.
- Maintain accountability and accept responsibility.
What we value and why you should join.
We’re a group of passionate and committed individuals determined not only to create a modern, feminist, inclusive, recovery modality but also to entirely upend the way our culture views alcohol—we are the anti-Rose All Day. We have a scrappy, get it done upstart ethos. We believe in showing up no matter what, honesty at all costs, persistence, straight-talking, and risk-taking. We’re not looking for culture fits, we’re looking for individuals looking to help build and grow an entirely new culture. You should join if you want to make a difference in the world, and see this as the obvious way for you to do just that.
Tempest is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair and inclusive employment practices, and strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas to apply. We offer competitive salary/equity packages and benefits.