IT Support/Information Security Associate
Technology – IT /
Hired is a talent marketplace that's demystifying the job search by matching top tech and sales talent with compelling opportunities at the world’s most innovative companies. Founded in 2012, Hired was acquired by Vettery and the Adecco Group in 2020, creating the largest hiring marketplace for technology and sales talent. Above all, we envision a world where all hiring is equitable, efficient, and transparent and are committed to empowering connections between ambitious people and teams.
Using Hired, both candidates and employers have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and unique preferences. By combining both our technology and human touch, our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, enabling candidates to employ their potential and find a job they love. To date, Hired has helped over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates find new opportunities at over 17,000 companies throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
Our team is seeking someone to join us who also possesses a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills along with the ability to support and liaise with business data owners to protect their assets and applications!
In this hybrid role you will provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems and liaise with departments in regards to Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC). You must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
This role will support implementation and operations best practices while taking ownership of tasks and project workstreams, you perform analysis and diagnosis of issues related to configuration, setup, procedural and/or process challenges. Deliver great customer service to our internal employees and our external customers.
What we need your help with:
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through company communication channels
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers, follow-up, and escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Respond to and track client risk assessments directed to Hired and our application
- Engage with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with required customer assessments per Hired policy and procedures
- Review and assist in completing customer security questionnaires and provide supporting fieldwork materials to ensure assessments are complete and meet Hired and customer expectations/SLA’sEscalate issues associated with customer audits and third parties to Senior Management as needed
- Assist with various Information Security, IT Risk Management and Third Party Risk Management program initiatives
- Participate in onboarding processes, security awareness initiatives, and new hire orientation training
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2+ years of experience in a Help Desk environment
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of operating systems such as windows, mac, and linux
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts, security alerts, and incidents
- Experience with a ticketing system (ex. Jira, Freshservice, ZenDesk, ServiceNow)
- Understanding of Security Certifications (ex. SOC, ISO 27001, etc)
- Understanding of security event management, network security monitoring, log collection, and correlation
- Security product assessments a plus
- Cloud architecture, scanning, configuration, and technologies a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in IT, CS, IS, with a focus in security a plus
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has six key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Raise the bar - Impact matters. Stay focused and curious.
Think big & hustle - Push for bold, thoughtful, and rapid innovation.
People first - Prioritize development and wellbeing. Help people flourish and feel valued.
Transparency builds trust - Communicate with candor, honesty, and respect.
Strength through inclusion - Welcome all voices. What makes you unique makes us all strong.
One team, one dream - Pride and passion for our mission. Work collaboratively and have fun.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Even in our hybrid remote environment, we've maintained our culture through bi-weekly Company meetings, virtual team social events, cross-team lunches, volunteer events, and a very active set of Slack channels.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
We bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. We value the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings and are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As a recruiting tool, Hired is committed to building equity in the hiring process through a more representative talent pool. As a company, we take active steps to support an inclusive work environment through the creation of a cross-team DEI taskforce, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), bias mitigation interview training, and respectful workplace training for all employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Hired values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.