Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Technology – Software Engineering /
Hired is a talent marketplace that's demystifying the job search by matching top tech and sales talent with compelling opportunities at the world’s most innovative companies. Founded in 2012, Hired was acquired by Vettery and the Adecco Group in 2020, creating the largest hiring marketplace for technology and sales talent. Above all, we envision a world where all hiring is equitable, efficient, and transparent and are committed to empowering connections between ambitious people and teams.
Using Hired, both candidates and employers have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and unique preferences. By combining both our technology and human touch, our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, enabling candidates to employ their potential and find a job they love. To date, Hired has helped over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates find new opportunities at over 17,000 companies throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
The focus of the Machine Learning Team is automating and digitizing the recruiting process - from cutting edge recommendations and ranking algorithms, to analytics for performance predictions, to NLP projects for candidate sourcing and profile creation. Hired machine learning engineers work on decision support, product optimization, and operations scaling projects across these areas, as well as creating, deploying, and maintaining deep learning algorithms in production. We’re growing quickly and this role has the potential for huge impact on our trajectory. You’ll be reporting directly to one of our Directors of Engineering and working closely with the Product and Engineering teams. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a critical thinker and a good communicator who excels in a fast-paced environment. Join our team and help us build the game-changing machine learning products that will transform recruiting!
Who you are:
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field.
- 5+ years of industry experience delivering and scaling successful and innovative machine learning products (such as recommender systems).
- Track record of success working both independently and with key stakeholders to identify and solve machine learning problems.
- Strong skills in statistical languages (e.g. Python/R) and querying languages (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with NLP a plus! (but not required)
- Experience with technologies such as Databricks, AWS Sagemaker, MLFlow, TensorFlow, and PyTorch are also a plus!
What you’ll do:
- Work with a highly motivated, fun and productive team.
- Move quickly and deliver amazing machine learning products, developing creative solutions to our biggest engineering challenges.
- Be a part of the groundbreaking, new platform that will revolutionize not just our Hired ecosystem but technology-enhanced recruiting as a whole!
- Build machine learning infrastructure and models (e.g. recommender systems, statistical models, NLP engines) that drive activity on our platform, scale our business, and enhance the user experience.
- Work with our deep learning algorithms that are deployed and functioning in production, and create new algorithms that enhance our existing and experimental products.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leaders, as well as senior leadership, to frame and tackle a problem, both mathematically and within the business context.
- Communicate rationale and findings from analyses to facilitate operational decisions.
- Design and track experiments for machine learning products as well as analyses throughout the organization.
- In short, own all phases of the machine learning product lifecycle (exploratory data analysis, model development, model productionizing, rollout, and evaluation).
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has six key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Raise the bar - Impact matters. Stay focused and curious.
Think big & hustle - Push for bold, thoughtful, and rapid innovation.
People first - Prioritize development and wellbeing. Help people flourish and feel valued.
Transparency builds trust - Communicate with candor, honesty, and respect.
Strength through inclusion - Welcome all voices. What makes you unique makes us all strong.
One team, one dream - Pride and passion for our mission. Work collaboratively and have fun.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Even in our hybrid remote environment, we've maintained our culture through bi-weekly Company meetings, virtual team social events, cross-team lunches, volunteer events, and a very active set of Slack channels.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
We bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. We value the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings and are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As a recruiting tool, Hired is committed to building equity in the hiring process through a more representative talent pool. As a company, we take active steps to support an inclusive work environment through the creation of a cross-team DEI taskforce, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), bias mitigation interview training, and respectful workplace training for all employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Hired values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.