Business Development Representative
Revenue – Business Development /
Hired is a talent marketplace that's demystifying the job search by matching top tech and sales talent with compelling opportunities at the world’s most innovative companies. Founded in 2012, Hired was acquired by Vettery and the Adecco Group in 2020, creating the largest hiring marketplace for technology and sales talent. Above all, we envision a world where all hiring is equitable, efficient, and transparent and are committed to empowering connections between ambitious people and teams.
Using Hired, both candidates and employers have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and unique preferences. By combining both our technology and human touch, our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, enabling candidates to employ their potential and find a job they love. To date, Hired has helped over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates find new opportunities at over 17,000 companies throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
We are seeking an accomplished, creative, and driven Business Development Representative (BDR) to join the Sales Development function within our Revenue team. The BDR will develop account based marketing plans, execute outreach and create qualified opportunities for Enterprise Account Executives. The BDR will conduct outbound outreach to leads through phone, email and other methods. Additionally, the BDR will partner with the Marketing team to assist with the development and execution of account penetration strategy. The BDR will actively collaborate with, and receive coaching and development from, the Manager of Sales Development, the marketing department, and the sales team to effectively drive results for the company.
WHAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH:
- Prospect new leads through CRM and leverage provided sales tools (Salesforce, Outreach, Sales Navigator, Gong) to contact leads via, phone, email, and other methods
- Thoroughly qualify leads including identifying pains and problems with current solutions
- Serve as a consultant to leads to ensure fit between Hired and the prospective company
- Set meetings with leads for Enterprise Account Executives
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on campaign and account strategies and efforts
- Partner with Enterprise Account Executives to build and execute territory plan
- Be a difference-maker for the company and assist in problem solving solutions and developing strategies for our outreach efforts
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 1-2 years of B2B sales experience, ideally as an SDR or Agency Recruiter
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an eye for creativity and detail
- Experience meeting, but also exceeding goals
- Quick learner that thrives in a high growth environment
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Desire to learn, willing to ask questions and be curious
THESE WOULD ALSO BE NICE:
- Experience using Salesforce as a CRM
- Experience in the Recruiting or Talent Solutions industry
- Experience with Outreach, Salesloft or other Sales Engagement tools
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
COMP, BENEFITS, & PERKS:
- Competitive compensation / OTE
- Open Vacation Policy
- Flexible/Remote work policy
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- WiFi/internet reimbursement
- Generous pension contribution
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has six key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Raise the bar - Impact matters. Stay focused and curious.
Think big & hustle - Push for bold, thoughtful, and rapid innovation.
People first - Prioritize development and wellbeing. Help people flourish and feel valued.
Transparency builds trust - Communicate with candor, honesty, and respect.
Strength through inclusion - Welcome all voices. What makes you unique makes us all strong.
One team, one dream - Pride and passion for our mission. Work collaboratively and have fun.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Even in our hybrid remote environment, we've maintained our culture through bi-weekly Company meetings, virtual team social events, cross-team lunches, volunteer events, and a very active set of Slack channels.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
We bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. We value the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings and are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As a recruiting tool, Hired is committed to building equity in the hiring process through a more representative talent pool. As a company, we take active steps to support an inclusive work environment through the creation of a cross-team DEI taskforce, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), bias mitigation interview training, and respectful workplace training for all employees.
The Company is a federal contractor subject to EO 14042 and as such requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire. Accommodations will be considered for those with disability/medical conditions or because of a sincerely-held religious belief who, in narrow circumstances, cannot get vaccinated due to such reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Hired values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.