Data Engineer II
Technology – Data Science /
Hired is a talent marketplace that's demystifying the job search by matching top tech and sales talent with compelling opportunities at the world’s most innovative companies. Founded in 2012, Hired was acquired by Vettery and the Adecco Group in 2020, creating the largest hiring marketplace for technology and sales talent. Above all, we envision a world where all hiring is equitable, efficient, and transparent and are committed to empowering connections between ambitious people and teams.
Using Hired, both candidates and employers have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and unique preferences. By combining both our technology and human touch, our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, enabling candidates to employ their potential and find a job they love. To date, Hired has helped over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates find new opportunities at over 17,000 companies throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
Hired engineers are working to build a highly innovative platform enabling an efficient experience for our users. Our engineers work across the full stack building highly scalable distributed solutions to enable exponential customer and business growth. Hired engineers have input into the whole process of the company from business decisions to where our tech stack is going. Our engineering team works on a huge array of projects and are constantly incorporating new technologies into the stack. We’re growing quickly and this role has the potential for a huge impact on our trajectory. You’ll be reporting directly to the Data Engineering Manager and working closely with the product and engineering teams. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, a critical thinker and a good communicator who excels in a fast-paced environment. Join our team and help us build the game-changing products that will transform recruiting!
Who you are:
- Self-starter who can work in a highly demanding environment and maintains a positive attitude
- Around 3 years of data engineering experience
- Experience with a general purpose programming language (experience with Python & Ruby is a plus)
- A good understanding of APIs: REST, event-driven/pub-sub integrations using Kafka
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch and Postgres/Redshift databases
- Familiarity in packaging and deploying applications in a cloud service like aws
- Exposure to DAGs, experience w/ Airflow, provisioning resources using Terraform is a plus
- Familiarity with data lakes and expertise with designing and maintaining a BI solutions.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or a related field (preferred)
- With the above said, we always encourage people of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand that job listings don't always allow your unique work history to shine so we invite you to show us what you know!
What you'll do:
- Work with a highly motivated, fun and productive team
- Design, develop and maintain end-to-end data infrastructure across multiple data sources and systems of record
- Modifying the Big Data PySpark pipelines as needed to expedite the flow of data
- Be a part of the groundbreaking, new platform that will revolutionize not just our Hired ecosystem but technology-enhanced recruiting as a whole!
- Partner with DevOps, Machine Learning and Analytics teams on key initiatives
- Develop and design data models, data structures and ETL jobs for Machine Learning and Analytics Dashboard consumption
- Manage and maintain cloud based data and analytics platform
- Work with data-related systems like Redis, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift
- Work in a highly agile development environment and practice Agile/Scrum methodology
- Participate in hackathons, team outings, lunches and other team building events
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has six key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Raise the bar - Impact matters. Stay focused and curious.
Think big & hustle - Push for bold, thoughtful, and rapid innovation.
People first - Prioritize development and wellbeing. Help people flourish and feel valued.
Transparency builds trust - Communicate with candor, honesty, and respect.
Strength through inclusion - Welcome all voices. What makes you unique makes us all strong.
One team, one dream - Pride and passion for our mission. Work collaboratively and have fun.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Even in our hybrid remote environment, we've maintained our culture through bi-weekly Company meetings, virtual team social events, cross-team lunches, volunteer events, and a very active set of Slack channels.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
We bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. We value the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings and are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As a recruiting tool, Hired is committed to building equity in the hiring process through a more representative talent pool. As a company, we take active steps to support an inclusive work environment through the creation of a cross-team DEI taskforce, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), bias mitigation interview training, and respectful workplace training for all employees.
Hired strives to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards. Due to this, as a condition of employment, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire. Accommodations will be considered for those with disability/medical conditions or because of a sincerely-held religious belief who, in narrow circumstances, cannot get vaccinated due to such reasons. Additional accommodations may be considered for applicants desiring to work from a state that has passed a law that provides for additional exemptions or protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Hired values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.