Senior Product Designer
Product & Design – Design /
Hired is a talent marketplace that's demystifying the job search by matching top tech and sales talent with compelling opportunities at the world’s most innovative companies. Founded in 2012, Hired was acquired by Vettery and the Adecco Group in 2020, creating the largest hiring marketplace for technology and sales talent. Above all, we envision a world where all hiring is equitable, efficient, and transparent and are committed to empowering connections between ambitious people and teams.
Using Hired, both candidates and employers have transparency into salary offers, competing opportunities, and unique preferences. By combining both our technology and human touch, our goal is to enrich and automate the recruiting process, enabling candidates to employ their potential and find a job they love. To date, Hired has helped over 3 million diverse, vetted candidates find new opportunities at over 17,000 companies throughout the United States, Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
The Product Team determines what, how, and when to build so that we can continue to make hiring more rewarding for all. As a Senior Product Designer at Hired, you will collaborate with teams across the company to gain insight into the challenges facing our users and then own the process of transforming those insights into new product features.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will help guide stakeholders to innovative UX outcomes for our users. Tackling problems at the intersection of people, process, and technology, you will contribute to our mission of helping every candidate find their dream job & every employer find their ideal candidate. You will work closely with our talented Product Team in a fast-paced, rapidly accelerating environment, to create amazing experiences.
As we continue to scale our candidate & employer-facing products, you will have significant ownership within a product vertical and work on a variety of projects that are both challenging and exciting. You will use your full range of skills as a Product Designer including strategic thinking, UX, user research, & visual design to drive projects forward successfully. If you are a creative problem solver and would enjoy working on products that take the stress out of job discovery, interviewing, & hiring— we are excited to meet you!
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and our sales teams to drive our products toward better iterations
- Reduce complex problems down into a set of requirements that strike the right balance between flexibility, power, & ease of use
- Lead user research with internal and external parties
- Build prototypes to test concepts and help further communicate your design ideas, behaviors, and interactions
- Present work in a range of fidelities to effectively communicate your vision
- Regularly participate in design reviews to share your work and elicit feedback
- Continue to help enhance and refine our product design processes and design system
- Think creatively and boldly in a way that helps Hired.com reimagine the recruiting industry
- Have an opportunity to wear many hats across the design discipline
- 4+ years of experience in Product Design, HCI, or UX/UI
- Deep understanding of web application UX paradigms and know which patterns lend themselves well to certain scenarios
- Comfortable conducting your own user research & are excited to build relationships with stakeholders to gather feedback and understand their needs
- Possess extraordinary written & verbal communication skills that allow you to clearly articulate your ideas, your reasoning, and the tradeoffs being made to stakeholders
- Action-oriented — thinking big, starting small, acting fast (one of our values) — producing deliverables at each stage of the design process
- Can easily switch between high-level thinking about the business to hands-on tactical work
- Think in terms of systems, rather than one-off solutions, to enable scalability across our design ecosystem
- Proven track record of creating designs that have led to successful outcomes
With the above said, we understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job and believe that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. Even more important than your resume is a positive attitude, passion for the work, personal drive for growth, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't align perfectly to what is listed here.
Hired has six key values that are the foundation of our company culture, which every employee embodies:
Raise the bar - Impact matters. Stay focused and curious.
Think big & hustle - Push for bold, thoughtful, and rapid innovation.
People first - Prioritize development and wellbeing. Help people flourish and feel valued.
Transparency builds trust - Communicate with candor, honesty, and respect.
Strength through inclusion - Welcome all voices. What makes you unique makes us all strong.
One team, one dream - Pride and passion for our mission. Work collaboratively and have fun.
Why you’ll love working at Hired:
We love coming to work on Monday. It’s easy to love the work you do when you see the positive impact it has, and helping someone find their dream job can change their life forever. We believe in our mission, love the work, and have fun doing it together. Even in our hybrid remote environment, we've maintained our culture through bi-weekly Company meetings, virtual team social events, cross-team lunches, volunteer events, and a very active set of Slack channels.
We know life is about more than just work. We have an open vacation policy so you can take the time you need to relax and rejuvenate, contribute to the cost of insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), and offer a fully paid 12-week parental leave, 401k, commuter benefits, and gym membership discounts.
We invest in your development. A company is only as strong as its team, and we want to help strengthen every member of our team. We give everyone the opportunities and support they need to reach that next professional level through company-sponsored General Assembly classes and conferences, in-house training, a culture of continuous feedback, and the chance to run with projects.
We’re consistently recognized for our culture. We’re listed #5 on Fortune's 60 Best Companies to Work for in New York City, included in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Technology for 2020, and have been previously honored at Crain’s Best Places to Work Awards and included in Inc Best Workplaces.
We bring our whole selves to work. We are committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. We value the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings and are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As a recruiting tool, Hired is committed to building equity in the hiring process through a more representative talent pool. As a company, we take active steps to support an inclusive work environment through the creation of a cross-team DEI taskforce, Employee Resource Groups (ERG), bias mitigation interview training, and respectful workplace training for all employees.
Hired strives to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards. Due to this, as a condition of employment, we require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire. Accommodations will be considered for those with disability/medical conditions or because of a sincerely-held religious belief who, in narrow circumstances, cannot get vaccinated due to such reasons. Additional accommodations may be considered for applicants desiring to work from a state that has passed a law that provides for additional exemptions or protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Hired values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.