VP of Engineering
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
The team at Mya is on a mission to open up a world of job possibilities for all. Through our industry-leading conversational AI, we’re creating a solution where job seekers get jobs faster and hiring teams find the most qualified candidates by connecting with interested and pre-screened applicants.
Mya is disrupting the $150B recruiting and $2.5B AI markets. We currently support 15 of the Fortune 100, 40 of the Fortune 500, and 4 of the largest global recruiting agencies. Our clients include L'Oréal, PepsiCo, Adecco and many more.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and passionate. Because our teams operate cross-functionally, ideas and solutions can come from anyone. The people at Mya are friendly, genuine, humble, and team-oriented, creating an autonomous yet accountable environment. Everyone is mission-oriented with a drive to create and deliver a product that provides the best-in-class candidate and recruiter experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
The VP of Engineering will be a member of Mya Systems’ executive leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO. You will focus on the structure and operation of the engineering team as a cohesive, high-performance unit including Front-End engineers, Back-End engineers, DevOps, QA and the machine learning functions. You will drive the day-to-day progress of multiple initiatives, delivering innovative solutions to product and customer needs with the right balance between strategic and comprehensive and get-it-done.
You will come to Mya with a proven track record of successful delivery of global products and solutions, with a focus towards hitting milestones and removing roadblocks. You are a champion for driving change where needed to deliver results, including responsibility for stability, scalability and security of our product. You are capable of growing, developing and managing members of the team, providing mentoring and coaching to create a culture of excellence and accountability.
- Lead and drive engineering strategy and direction including short and long-term goals and where to make investments
- Engage actively in development and lead in the trenches as needed, providing innovative solutions to real engineering problems and serving as an example to staff
- Drive implementation of appropriate engineering processes and guidelines, to optimize consistent delivery of a quality product
- Build and retain a world-class, global engineering team, hiring and retaining A-level talent; develop the team’s domain knowledge, technical skills and essential soft-skills
- Ensure software quality, stability and performance, as Mya Systems scales customer usage
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define future product offerings and solutions, as well as evaluate technologies for corporate development
What You Bring
- Engineering leader with 10+ years of software experience with SaaS solutions, B2B and B2C products; BS or graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Entrepreneurial approach and comfortable in a dynamic, results-driven environment that includes a background in both small and large organizations
- Practitioner of Agile methodologies for software development, including how to implement processes that work specifically for Mya Systems
- Excellent leadership skills with proven success in building, growing and managing a highly talented and motivated organization of a significant size, across locales
- Strong understanding of current and emerging technologies, and how these can help Mya Systems execute its product vision
- Deep understanding and experience with the following technologies: web applications, web services, AWS, Python, Django, React, and other Open Source technologies
- Experience and understanding of concepts related to Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Understanding and experience with using data and analytics to optimize the user experience and enhance the product
- Strong collaborator cross-functionally (Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Business Development) to drive toward company objectives
- Partner closely with the CTO on technical excellence and thought leadership; translate, operationalize and drive CTO’s vision into the organization
- Participate actively in business development and customer meetings
- Excellent written and oral communication, with the ability to communicate effectively on both technical and business topics; able to present equally effectively to an engineer or to a Customer executive
- Self-directed with the ability to balance tradeoffs in making strategic, complex and difficult decisions
- Experience with regulatory, compliance requirements and initiatives (e.g., Information Security, Data Privacy, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Foreign language skills (preferred)
- Passionate about Artificial Intelligence (preferred)
- Recruitment domain knowledge (preferred)
We’re making a huge impact. Results matter and customers are getting them. Our conversational AI is improving the bottom line, candidate experience, and conversion rate for our clients--all while reducing bias in the hiring process. We believe in creating the best purpose-built technology to really help our users. And so far, it's paying off! We had the honor of being named to CB insights AI 100 list and featured in the Bersin by Deloitte's Disruptions Report.
We have a stellar team. Mya has built a world-class team, combining impressive expertise and experience in recruiting, ML/NLP, SaaS-based sales, marketing, business development, product, and engineering. You will be part of a dynamic and successful team with people coming from organizations like Google, Twitter, Uber, Workday, and more.
We love collaboration. Mya’s HQ is in San Francisco but we have multiple offices and employees around the globe. Mya allows for the flexibility of working from home if you'd like to, but we have a lively office culture, too, so you will always have coworkers in the office who you can grab lunch with or bounce an idea off of.
We are diverse. Continually adding upon our diverse and unique team is a priority for us. Mya is excited to welcome a variety of people of different genders, races, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, cultural heritages, and ages. Mya is full of energetic and talented people, active both inside and outside the office. Our team is made up of runners, yogis, bread bakers, dancers, linguists and parents (of humans and animals).
We care about you. Mya values our employees’ quality of life both inside and outside the office. We offer accommodating working hours, paid parental leave, comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, and a flexible PTO program that allows our team to take the time they need to recharge (plus MUCH more).