San Francisco, CA
Who We Are
The team at Mya is on a mission to open up a world of job possibilities for all. Through our industry-leading conversational AI, we’re creating a solution where job seekers get jobs faster and hiring teams find the most qualified candidates by connecting with interested and pre-screened applicants.
Mya is disrupting the $150B recruiting and $2.5B AI markets. We currently support 15 of the Fortune 100, 40 of the Fortune 500, and 4 of the largest global recruiting agencies. Our clients include L'Oréal, PepsiCo, Adecco and many more.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and passionate. Because our teams operate cross-functionally, ideas and solutions can come from anyone. The people at Mya are friendly, genuine, humble, and team-oriented, creating an autonomous yet accountable environment. Everyone is mission-oriented with a drive to create and deliver a product that provides the best-in-class candidate and recruiter experience.
What You'll Be Doing
- Play a critical role in developing our conversational AI engine, accelerating the quality and power of Mya's natural language interactions
- Have a direct, tangible impact on Mya’s conversational interactions with real job candidates in production
- Brainstorm and prototype AI solutions based on symbolic reasoning, cognitive plausibility, deep learning, and misc. experimental approaches in conversational AI with breakthrough potential
- Work with other Conversational AI and Machine Learning Engineers to enhance Mya’s NLU in existing domains as well as to expand Mya’s NLU into future domains
What You Bring
- 3 years professional backend programming experience in a language such as Python or Ruby (at least 1 year with Python)
- At least 1 project in the field of AI which you led or developed that you can share or describe with us
- Passion and/or knowledge in relevant subfields of AI - symbolic reasoning, knowledge bases, conversational AI - cognitive science, philosophy, linguistics, and literary theory
- AI programming on a production symbolic reasoning or knowledge base system (e.g. personal assistant app, conversational AI product, etc.)
- Has programmed chatbots from scratch based on back-end engineering, not intention recognition libraries or ML models
- Strong in machine learning and deep learning, but more interested in other custom-designed backend programming approaches that perform better in conversational AI
- Independent thinker, with own ideas in relevant fields (AI, cognitive science, philosophy, linguistics, literary theory) and how they can be used for AI development
We’re making a huge impact. Results matter and customers are getting them. Our conversational AI is improving the bottom line, candidate experience, and conversion rate for our clients--all while reducing bias in the hiring process. We believe in creating the best purpose-built technology to really help our users. And so far, it's paying off! We had the honor of being named to CB insights AI 100 list and featured in the Bersin by Deloitte's Disruptions Report.
We have a stellar team. Mya has built a world-class team, combining impressive expertise and experience in recruiting, ML/NLP, SaaS-based sales, marketing, business development, product, and engineering. You will be part of a dynamic and successful team with people coming from organizations like Google, Twitter, Uber, Workday, and more.
We love collaboration. Mya’s HQ is in San Francisco but we have multiple offices and employees around the globe. Mya allows for the flexibility of working from home if you'd like to, but we have a lively office culture, too, so you will always have coworkers in the office who you can grab lunch with or bounce an idea off of.
We are diverse. Continually adding upon our diverse and unique team is a priority for us. Mya is excited to welcome a variety of people of different genders, races, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, cultural heritages, and ages. Mya is full of energetic and talented people, active both inside and outside the office. Our team is made up of runners, yogis, bread bakers, dancers, linguists and parents (of humans and animals).
We care about you. Mya values our employees’ quality of life both inside and outside the office. We offer accommodating working hours, paid parental leave, comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, and a flexible PTO program that allows our team to take the time they need to recharge (plus MUCH more).