Lead Lighting Artist
Alacrity Arthouse – Art
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Lighting Artist to join our an unannounced project, and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lighting Artist do:
- Works closely with Art Directors to create quality and style consistent Lighting across all Games.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities for the Lighting team
- Provides direction & mentorship to lighting artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
Who we are looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in lighting for games.
- Excellent eye for composition and color, a great understanding of light and shadow, and a strong ability to present games and cinematics at their highest level.
- Flexible and motivated artists who can collaborate well with other artists and disciples.
- Working knowledge of game engines such as Unreal Engine 3, 4.
- Strong understanding of colour grading, PBR and Linear workflows
- Familiar with relevant software such as Photoshop, After Effects, or equivalent.
Preferred candidates have:
- Previous game development experience
- Solid understanding of environmental art and pipeline
- Good understanding of texture and material quality
- Interest in cinematography/photography