Japanese Localization Specialist
Publishing – Marketing
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced, video game centric Japanese Localization Specialist to work at our studio in Brighton, UK.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, & Realm Royale as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Japanese Localization Specialist do:
- You will oversee localization of the games in your native language: Japanese;
- You will provide translation, proofreading, and quality assurance (QA) services on an as-needed basis in your native language: Japanese;
- You will manage the localization of our projects (in game and out of game) in your native language, having constantly in mind to improve the quality while optimizing the costs;
- You will be in charge of the relationships with your localization vendor: assessing quality, outsourcing files depending on your workload, setting up regular meetings, sending feedback on all deliveries, keeping them motivated, checking monthly invoices, etc.;
- You will develop and maintain outstanding relationships with all localization stakeholders;
- You will interact with our Japanese speaking community;
- You will assist the localization production team on an as needed basis;
Who we are looking for:
- You have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of experience in the video games’ localization industry;
- You are familiar with CAT tools (XTM, MemoQ, etc.), and Jira has no secrets for you;
- You are organized, creative, detail-focused, and enthusiastic, and you always meet deadlines;
- You are an active team player, always willing to share your knowledge with others, and never afraid to ask questions;
- Your native language is not English, BUT you have good written and spoken communication skills in English;
- You have excellent translation and proofreading skills in Japanese (your native language): mastering grammar & spelling of course, but also adapting your style to the targeted audience and the genre of the game, etc.;
- You enjoy interacting with people from diverse cultures on their turf;
- You are familiar with our core values and they resonate with you.Ideally: you have a good online gaming knowledge and a good understanding of the various genres;