Lead Tools Programmer
Alacrity Arthouse – Engineering
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced lead tools programmer to help grow our tools department at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
We are looking for an experienced, highly collaborative, and self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You will be building intuitive workflows, scalable backends, and technically robust tools. The team that you build and mentor is a shared resource, and the tools will be leveraged across multiple projects, platforms, and disciplines.
Come join the studio that created the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lead Tool Developers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Creating tools in different environments and languages (Max/Maya, Unreal, C++, Python...)
- Design, develop, and maintain complete tools
- Ensure adoption of tools, follow through with teams on usage of tools
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems.
- Participate in higher level planning with project management and company leads.
- Establish technical requirements from creative or design-led pitches.
- Perform tasks, code reviews, feedback, and mentorship for other team members regularly.
- Manage projects and teams.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience in game production and 7+ years of experience in tool creation.
- Excellent cross discipline communication and team skills.
- Able to work with team to identify problems and find solutions.
- Proficiency with algorithms, data structures, and programming language design.
- Knowledge and working experience of game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, or CryEngine).
- Experience using or writing plugins for: Photoshop, Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, or Substance.
- Experience leading engineering projects.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to multitask.
- Experience with hiring and team formation.
- Previous experience with shipping 2+ titles.
- Previous experience with application development.