Rogue Company - Senior Environment Artist
First Watch Games – Art
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Environment Artist to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia, on our new project Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Senior Environment Artists do:
- Work with Environment Art Lead & Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts.
- Create low and high poly model for the game environment.
- Create clean low poly models within the triangle count budget.
- Create optimized UV layouts for texturing and lightmap UV.
- Create textures that meet the visual style and quality bar.
- Generate different material types which adhere to instruction count budget while still pushing the visuals on assets created.
- Strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limits.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5-7 or more years experience with environment art in a production environment.
- Passion to learn and teach new methods and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of 3ds Max and/or Maya, photoshop, Illustrator, and Substance Painter.
- Strong understanding of Unreal Engine.
- Ability to lead small teams.
- Experience with Zbrush.
- Additional experience or understanding of stylized texture creation.
- Strong sense of world building within map design guidelines.