SMITE - Senior Tools Programmer
Titan Forge – Engineering /
Hi-Rez Studios is looking for an experienced Senior Tools Engineer to join our Titan Forge team in Alpharetta, Georgia onsite or hybrid remote.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Senior Tool Developers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Plan projects with company and development team stakeholders
- Focus on solving customer problems with innovative solutions
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems
- Establish technical requirements for tool requests for a wide range of stakeholders across the Art, Design, and Programming teams
- Iterate and refine new and existing tools
What we are looking for:
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to multitask
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills that allow you to determine what is needed
- Experience within multiple environments (e.g., Max, Maya, game engine technologies)
- Strong skills within a variety of languages, C++, C#, SQL, and Python, etc.
- Comfortable choosing and using algorithms and tool chains
- Working experience with at least one game engine (e.g., Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, CryEngine, etc.)
- Working experience with revision control systems (e.g., Perforce, Git, etc.)
- Experience using or writing plugins for Digital Content Creation (DCC) tools (e.g., Photoshop, Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, or Substance)
- Knowledge and working experience with Unreal
- Previous experience with shipping Games As A Service (GaaS) game titles.
- Experience working with Linux systems and/or cloud systems (e.g., AWS, Azure).