SMITE - Animator
Alpharetta, GA /
Titan Forge – Art /
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring an experienced Animator to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on SMITE!
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, Rogue Company, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our Animators do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Deliver high quality animations in various styles for Unreal based games.
- Create character animations using Maya / 3DS Max from ideation, to rough blocking, polish, and supplemental secondary.
- Animate characters or objects used for real time or pre-calculated sequences.
- Integrate animations to the game while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- Participate in the creation and realization of in-game animations or cinematic sequences.
- Communication with other departments to ensure animations meet gameplay needs.
- Estimates how long a task will require to hit a specific quality bar, provides an estimate for long term scheduling of animation tasks.
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years industry experience.
- Delivers high quality animation assets.
- Expert understanding of Animation principles and anatomy.
- Thorough understanding of animation principles, giving the character weight, personality, mood, and believability.
- Animates in realistic and stylized motion, on both human and creature models.
- Develops gameplay animations with limited instruction from the Lead Animator.
- Performs as a key contributor of the asset production process.
- Capable of delivering production quality animation in-game under production schedule.
- Ensures hands on development during pre-production and creating animations for games currently in production.