Rogue Company - Concept Artist
Alpharetta, GA /
First Watch Games – Art /
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Concept Artist to join our Rogue Company team, and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Concept Artist do:
- Explore a wide variety of ideas for new characters and character skins.
- Create detailed and polished final illustrations as requested.
- Create artwork for both reference use by the Art team, and for promotional and marketing purposes.
- Follow Art Direction to maintain visual style of the game, and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Participate in critiquing your work and the work of other artists.
- Assisting with paintovers of images of models in progress to help direct and guide modelers towards more effective product
- Create callout pages of real world reference for materials and construction of clothing
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience creating concept artwork for games, film or animation.
- Portfolio demonstrating exceptional character designs.
- Strong grasp of composition, color theory, value, form, scale, shape language, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and proportions.
- Knowledge of fashion clothing and military gear.
- Experience working with realism.
- Experience with hard surface design.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Comfortable prototyping and working with iterative development process.
- Proficient with Photoshop for asset creation.
- Comfortable receiving constructive criticism and making artistic adjustments.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to take constructive feedback.
- A passion for creating and playing video games.
Preferred candidates have:
- Degree or formal art education in illustration or traditional painting.
- Experience with Unreal 4 engine.
- AAA game development experience.
- Experience with 3D software packages a plus.