Technical Sound Designer
Alpharetta, GA /
Alacrity Arthouse – Audio /
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Technical Sound Designer to join our new studio Alacrity Arthouse and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create and challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your creativity and dedication.
In the Alacrity Arthouse Studio, we support all of Hi-Rez’ game projects with a wide range of art pipeline and creative services starting with direct game art and tech art production and pipeline consultation, but also including cinematics, audio design, and outsourcing support. Alacrity Arthouse is a branch of Hi-Rez Studios dedicated to bring great art solutions to Hi-Rez and other game development studios.
Come join the creators of the critically acclaimed games SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Technical Sound Designers do:
- Work with the Senior Technical Sound Designer to optimize and refine current audio pipelines across all games.
- Apply best practices for technical audio workflows set forth by the Senior Technical Sound Designer for all games.
- Implement in-game audio.
- Spec, create, extend, and troubleshoot audio tools, features, and functionality.
- Provide technical support for sound designers across multiple games.
- Act as a liaison to advocate for audio to the engineering staff, and partner with team members across disciplines to find solutions that best support quality audio.
- Work with outsourced audio engineers and manage an outsourced pipeline.
- Play the game regularly and continually identify opportunities to improve audio quality.
Who we are looking for:
- 3+ years in a technical sound designer role in the games industry.
- Exceptional Wwise implementation skills.
- Familiarity with Unreal Blueprints.
- Experience with and a deep understanding of Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Engine 4. The more Unreal experience, the better!
- Experience with C, C++, and UnrealScript a plus.
- Experience with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint, Kismet, Max/MSP, etc. a plus.
- Ability to work well with all departments and accept and run with feedback.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.