Audio Programming Intern
All Locations /
Alacrity Arthouse – Interns /
Hi-Rez Studios is now accepting qualified Audio Programming Intern applicants for our Summer Internship Program! This role will be a full-time, remote, and paid internship.
This will be a paid, seasonal employee. The deadline to submit all application materials is Feb 28, 2022. Internship selections will be made and announced by April 1, 2022, with the Intern work program starting mid-May, 2022, ending mid-August, 2022 (actual dates to be determined).
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Audio Programming Interns do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Design and architect systems and tools across multiple games for the audio team’s needs (such as occlusion, streaming, performance, etc.).
- Work closely with the audio team to support them in the usage of these systems and tools.
- Maintain and improve existing audio engine, game systems, tools, and middleware.
- Implement bug fixes using both Unreal Engine 3 and Unreal Engine 4.
- Test, refine, optimize systems throughout the development cycle to remove bottlenecks and reduce memory footprints.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews.
- Currently enrolled in or graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline (Math, Physics, CE or EE) or equivalent experience through professional game development, indie projects, or mods.
- C/C++ and UnrealScript experience.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of AudioKinetic Wwise, and audio-specific terminology and technology.
- Must be currently enrolled in (documented as a "Junior" or higher grade level) - or recently graduated of - an accredited college, university, or school of art.
- Currently carrying or graduated with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher (and provide documentation).
- At least one professional Letter of Reference from a manager, supervisor, professor, or instructor; outlining how they know you, and why you should be considered for this position.
- Current resume.
- Cover letter.
- Portfolio and/or Website displaying applicable work.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Good communication skills, and a team player.