SMITE - Character Rigging Intern (on-site/hybrid)
Alpharetta, GA /
Titan Forge – Interns /
Hi-Rez Studios is now accepting qualified Character Rigging Intern applicants for our Summer Internship Program at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on SMITE! This will be a paid, seasonal employee.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE; Paladins; Realm Royale; Tribes: Ascend; and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Character Rigging Interns do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Work alongside members of Hi-Rez’s Rigging team, while gaining a working knowledge of asset creation and the rigging processes.
- Shadow and partner with experienced riggers in a collaborative, creative environment.
- Assist in creating and maintaining character rigs using 3DSMax.
- Develop scripting tools to benefit various departments of the pipeline.
- Accept feedback from the Rigging Director and other art resources.
- Other departmental duties and projects as instructed by management.
What we are looking for:
- Must be able to travel effectively to and from the studio on a daily basis.
- Must be currently enrolled in (documented as a "Junior" or higher grade level) - or recently graduated of - an accredited college, university, or school of art.
- Currently carrying or graduated with a G.P.A. of 3.5 or higher (and provide documentation).
- At least one professional Letter of Reference from a manager, supervisor, professor or instructor; outlining how they know you, and why you should be considered for this position.
- Current resume.
- Cover letter.
- Portfolio and/or Website displaying applicable work (rigging, tool development or general 3D art).
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Good communication skills, and a team player.
Even Better Candidates:
- Experience or exposure using Maya or 3DSMax.
- Experience with bipedal, quadruped, or robotic / mechanical characters.
- Experience within Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Background or experience in Gaming.