Principal Machine Learning Engineer
All Locations /
Publishing – Platform /
Hi-Rez Studios is hiring a Principal Machine Learning Engineer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, GA; Brighton, UK; or remotely in the United States or England.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new online game projects.
What our ML Engineers do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- As Principal, you will be responsible for mentoring team members, helping define strategy and monitoring progress towards goals
- This position will interact with all levels in the company including senior leadership and C-Suite
- Design, develop and maintain machine learning solutions in a Live environment across multiple games
- Build, validate, and iterate on models to optimize based on stakeholder goals
- Identify, find, utilize and create relevant data in relational and non-relational databases
- Create and utilize data pipelines and distributed computing architecture
- Effectively communicate with various cohorts with varied technical expertise, meet with internal and external stakeholders to define requirements and goals
- Propose new machine learning techniques and opportunity areas based on cutting edge research
- Work is subject to committee review at major milestones
- Operates within the context of operating objectives
- Drives leading-edge projects/initiatives that impact critical directions of the organization
- Through personal effort, support attainment of multiple short- and mid-term objectives of the organization
- 12+ years of experience of machine learning, big data, and modeling techniques such as Classification, Regression, Clustering, Dimensionality Reduction, Preprocessing, and model selection/ensembling
- Especially qualified candidates will also have experience in Reinforcement Learning, Computer Vision, and/or Deep Learning
- Strong computer science fundamentals including knowledge of data structure and algorithms, computational complexity, and object-oriented/functional programming designs
- Strong coding and debugging skills in Python or R and respective scientific computing packages.
- Especially qualified candidates will also have experience in Scala, Java, Julia, Matlab, or C++
- Exposure to multiple statistical distributions, a clear understanding of linear algebra, multi-dimensional matrix and vector operations, algorithms, and calculus
- Experience with large amounts of data, especially in a distributed format
- Ability to independently formulate a hypothesis, define data requirements, and analyze data required
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate well with multiple teams outside of the Analytics team
- Comfortable receiving and providing constructive group criticism and making technical adjustments to meet performance guidelines
- Comfortable and willing to mentor younger team members to raise the level of the whole team
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivated, organized, and able to meet deadlines
- A passion for data and playing video games