Badoo – Business Intelligence
Badoo is expanding its analytical function again. We are looking for experienced analysts to be part of an established team. You will be joining a team of ten bright and savvy analysts and data scientists to work on a wide range of data challenges: evaluate product features, user behavioural pattern mining, A/B test results, PR materials and fun facts, revenue / user churn predictions, competitor reports, effect of marketing campaigns, social media data scraping and sentiment analysis (NLP), forecasting models and much, much more.
If you want to work with some of the most exciting technologies for big data, this is your chance! We constantly review and extend our tool stack to remain current. Continuous learning is a crucial part of the job. We participate regularly in conferences, meetups, trainings and internal hackathons. If many of the following speak to you, we would like to hear from you!
- Manipulate complex datasets using a range of tools such as Python, SQL, Hive and Spark
- Deliver actionable insights to product, marketing, billing, engineering and operations teams
- Perform analysis across a variety of data topics and help solve challenges such as interpreting split test results, predicting user behaviours and finding top performing user segments
- Take the lead on new exploratory research projects in a wide variety of areas
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure improvements, e.g. our Badoo Python library
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong commercial experience querying, analysing and providing insights from large datasets (100 TB+), preferably in online/tech industry
- Advanced SQL: analytic functions, performance tuning, data wrangling
- Python: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, IPython/JupyterData Visualisation: D3.js, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, ggplot (any of the above)
- Experience in A/B testing analysis: significance analysis, non-parametric methods, bootstrapping
- Ability to engage well with other parts of the business such as developers, product managers and senior management
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- A strong attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Exasol R
- MicroStrategy or other BI platform
- Data Modeling
- Machine Learning: predictive models (Regression, GLM, Bayes, GBDT), clustering, NLP
- Version Control experience: Git, SVN
We are proud to be the largest dating network in the world, with over 500 million users across 190 countries. Online dating has more than doubled in the last decade, and it is estimated that the global online dating market could be worth $12 billion next year. We continually innovate so that we can provide the best technology and user experience for people to meet because we believe that happiness is better shared.