Badoo – Engineering
We’re looking for Android Developers to work within our highly experienced team, building high-performance systems using cutting-edge open-source technologies. You will both teach and learn in an innovative and fast-paced Agile environment, and be responsible for delivery of key product features crucial to our success.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Write test cases and work with QA on a weekly release cycle
- Work within an agile team (daily standups, weekly planning meetings)
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Product-focused Android application development experience
- Portfolio of consumer facing high-performance Android applications available in the Marketplace
- Advanced Android SDK / Java skills
- Strong knowledge of Android API capabilities at different levels, framework components and lifecycles
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Orientated Programming
- Enthusiastic about teamwork in an AGILE/Scrum environment
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- You'll love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with
- A desire to work with a fresh, social digital brand
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 400 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.