Product Manager - People Recommendations
London, UK /
Bumble – Product /
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an outstanding, technically-minded Product Manager to join our team, working on algorithm-related projects for the Bumble and Badoo apps. This role will be based in London, reporting to the Services Product Lead.
You’ll be focused on finding better ways to recommend people to other people within the apps - understanding their preferences and leading efforts to incorporate those into the algorithm that decides who to show to whom.
Bumble was first founded to challenge the antiquated rules of dating. Now, Bumble empowers users to connect with confidence, whether dating, networking, or meeting friends online. We’ve made it not only necessary but acceptable for women to make the first move, shaking up outdated gender norms. We prioritise kindness and respect, providing a safe online community for users to build new relationships.
- Be part of a team responsible for product vision, strategy, development, and execution of our people recommendation services within the Bumble and Badoo apps
- Design, organise and manage delivery for experiments on algorithm improvements
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data science, business analytics, marketing and research teams to identify opportunities to improve user experience and accelerate business growth
- Understand and question user behaviour; analyse data to find answers
- Act as a knowledge centre of recommendations and best practices across Bumble; support broad product innovations which rely upon people recommendations
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of your product area
- Ensure that every change is well documented and understood by the team
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Proven experience delivering mobile apps, Android, iOS and Mobile Web of a significant scale and complexity, shipping on a regular basis.
- Product management experience within an in-house development environment; comfortable communicating with engineers
- Strong knowledge of appropriate product performance metrics and a background in data-driven decision making
- Hands-on experience in balancing innovation and support of existing features
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of the social discovery/dating industry
- A sound grasp of A/B testing
- Experience in building high-scale personalised products would be a plus
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- You’ll be used to quick iteration and able to drive efficiency in a dynamic environment where innovation is the norm
- You are positive, committed with a 'can-do' attitude and a flexible approach
- Time management is your strength and you know how to effectively manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces
- You have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail; ability to break large projects into manageable pieces, prioritising according to value
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality.
Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with a combined user base of over 600 million globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.
The Bumble app
With over 100 million users, Bumble connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognises the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality - and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero-tolerance for hate, aggression, or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent.
The Badoo app
Launched in 2006, Badoo is the dating app that encourages its users to date honestly. Badoo operates in 190 countries and is available in 51 different languages, making it the world's most widely-used dating network. The app is available on iOS, Android, and the web.
We truly value our employees and we believe it is important to provide an environment that supports your wellbeing. Life at Bumble in London includes:
* Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
* £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
* Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
* Private Dental Insurance
* Babylon Health app
* Mental health support
* Enhanced parental leave, including a highly competitive maternity package
* Subsidised gym membership
*'Double matched’ pension contributions up to 6%
* Plus loads of generous perks when we are in the office including breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily massages, free haircuts on-site, discounted nail services, regular socials, parties and family days.
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.