Head of Growth
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced, creative, and growth-oriented Head of Growth to help scale Bumble’s business as the leading relationships (romantic, friendship, and business) and social networking app in the US by strategically utilizing all digital channels (product, in-app, owned, performance marketing, non-attributable channels and social media).
As a key business leader, you will be building a customer-centric growth strategy to reach customers when and where it matters to drive Bumble’s acquisition, retention and revenue goals. You will also be a thought leader to provide strategy and direction for expanding our digital presence, including across currently untapped channels.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in B2C digital marketing/social network marketing and campaign planning, testing, and optimization within a subscription business. This candidate must be able to manage shifting priorities and adjust expectations based on changing business objectives.
This role will manage a team of strong leaders across performance marketing, life-cycle, web development, social media, & analytics and will build our expertise in newer, non-attributable channels, working cross-functionally across departments to bring the brand to life via digital channels. This role is on-site at the Austin HQ with an option for London, UK.
- Creating and executing a 360-degree approach to digital marketing
- Create and execute strategies for performance-based acquisition through multiple channels –SEO/SEM, retargeting, video, display, paid/owned/earned social media, content, and other channels to accelerate revenue growth (also working closely with our CRM and email leads on the Lifecycle team).
- Oversee development and execution of both content creation for the blog and website as well as the roadmap for the custom back-end CMS.
- Partner cross-functionally with internal teams (supported periodically by external agencies) to implement and drive measurable business results.
- Be held accountable for large growth drivers for the business, leveraging digital channels at each stage of the marketing funnel to drive user acquisition, engagement, and conversion.
- Drive brand consistency across all consumer touchpoints
- Contract and budget management, content calendar management
Setting strategic priorities leveraging data & analytics:
- Efficiently scale Bumble campaigns through data-driven analysis and insights to improve campaign effectiveness and value to the business and lead ongoing testing and optimizations throughout the customer journey, but primarily focused on acquisition
- Execute quarterly brand recognition tests via digital channels to measure brand awareness in various markets and ensure positive growth with key segments.
- Deliver actionable insights by synthesizing information from competitor analysis, market research, and advertising across digital channels
- Use multi-touch attribution modeling to maximize campaign effectiveness
- Develop hypotheses and perform A/B (or multivariate) testing to recommend optimizations
Effectively managing teams on the ground:
- Set quarterly objectives/goals for team members (and agencies, as appropriate)
- Problem solve and strategize with team members and agencies to deliver against goals/ key KPIs
- Support HQ in determining hiring requirements and roadmap, primarily focused on US growth but with opportunities to work globally and build the skills of the global digital team
Embody the Bumble brand:
- Be passionate about the Bumble brand vision and values
- Be proactive in your approach and take initiative, leveraging and learning from successes and challenges of other emerging Bumble markets
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience, with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Extensive experience leading digital programs and driving digital innovation within the B2C space
- 5+ years mobile app digital marketing experience
- Experience with multiple channels of unpaid and paid marketing - SEO, SEM, ASO, paid and organic social, non-attributable channels, etc
- Effective analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to use data to drive actionable insights
- Deep understanding of consumer metrics, market segmentation, and analytics
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-changing industry, embrace ambiguity, work with cross-functional, global teams, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for the Bumble brand vision and values
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Bumble markets
- Take initiative in handling projects and anticipating needs
- Positive, committed, 'can-do' attitude and flexible approach
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Outstanding time-management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities under short deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.