Senior MicroStrategy Developer
MagicLab – Business Intelligence
Badoo is looking for a highly experienced Senior MicroStrategy Developer who wants to bring their extensive architecture capabilities to one of the world’s fastest growing social networks in a highly agile, social environment. Microstrategy is used across the business to democratise data and help decision makers get insights fast. You'll join a team of seasoned BI professionals with scope to expand into all areas of the platform and work on a number of exciting and innovative projects as well as shaping the day to day operations. Our BI department offers the chance to collaborate with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Analysts and Database developers with opportunities to gain new skills across a number of other BI tools such as Python, Jupyter, Zeppelin. Don't limit yourself.
Qualifications/Experience we are looking for:
- 5+ years of database/data model design
- 5+ years of SQL experience to an expert level
- 5+ years of MicroStrategy experience with leaning to Architect
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Practical experience following SDLC and iterative development processes, change control
- Ability to gather, understand and challenge end-user requirements.
- Ability to develop, automate, and streamline: reports, cubes, analytical dashboards
- Excellent planning, time management and stakeholder management skills. Ability to deliver on time whilst also juggling high priority unplanned work and/or production issuesImprover/innovator mindset, contributing ideas to improve the platform, team, department and wider organisation
- Open to construct feedback, a keen listener, empathetic of others but steadfast for facts
- Able to build trust and wide networks and create relationships in dependent teams
- A teacher - user training is very important as we drive a self-serve culture through the group
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written. Able to be succinct and choose the right communications medium
- Experience of leading small/medium BI Projects
- MSTR User administration - working knowledge of ACLs and Security Filters
- Knowledge of administering Unix machines
- Experience in performing platform upgrades/hotfixes
- Experience in using Exasol Familiar/aware of Python/MSTR API featuresSDK desirable
MagicLab is a growing family of brands that built, owns, and operates Badoo, Bumble, Chappy, and Lumen. Our group shares a foundation of technology, talent, and experience that accelerates and compounds our long-term growth. We are a global team of brilliant product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and researchers who enable our platforms to scale in our mission to create life changing moments by building relationships.