Junior Data Analyst
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Strategy & Insights
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a detail-oriented and proactive Junior Data Analyst to join our Strategy & Analytics Team. As a Junior Data Analyst, you will work closely with Innovation, Finance, Marketing, and Product teams to analyze company research and data and draw conclusions to help inform strategic business decisions. You should have the ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data, supporting thoughtful & robust problem solving against key commercial questions across the organization.
The position will report to the Analytics Senior Manager and is located at our HQ in Austin, TX.
What you’ll be doing:
- Mine internal and external data across all company channels to assess company performance, size potential opportunity, and support strategic growth
- Develop automated tools + dashboards to increase visibility of core KPIs
- Facilitate delivery of ad hoc analysis and data requests from team members across every level, department, and location within the organization
- Support growth strategists globally with actionable insights that inform campaign segmentation, targeting, messaging, and channel mix
- Analyze customer cohort, revenue, marketing channel, and campaign data to help the organization better gauge effectiveness & optimize customer journeys for target audience segments
- Extract, cleanse, and transform data from multiple, disconnected sources into single, connected source to be used in analyses, modeling, and reporting
- Translate mathematical findings into widely digestible formats, with the ability to tell a larger story from the data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Business, Economics, Computer Science or a related field
- Excel/Google Sheets Proficiency - ability to summarize insights, build tools, and provide forecasts with speed & accuracy
- Data Fluency - ability to leverage data to help commercial organization better understand performance and progress to goal(s)
- Analytical Toolkit - ability to exercise different problem-solving approaches to analyze results, including but not limited to time series analysis, experimental design, and data visualization
- Agile way of working - ability to be flexible yet tenacious when operating under tight timelines with multiple stakeholders across the business
- 1-2 years experience preparing and utilizing analytics to drive business decisions
- Preferred: experience working across time zones with remote teams
- Preferred: experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Looker, Tableau)
- Preferred: experience with analytics across mobile and web platforms
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.