US Junior Designer
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Creative
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a skilled and passionate Junior Designer to work closely with our in-house creative team, directly reporting to the Senior Designer and located in Austin, Texas.
Your primary responsibilities will be collaboratively extending Bumble's brand across a variety of marketing applications, including but not limited to merchandise, field marketing collateral, growth marketing, print, packaging, production, digital, and mobile. Excellent typography and vector skills are required, along with solid conceptual abilities and extremely strong attention to detail. Clear communication skills, while maintaining a positive attitude and remaining adaptable, are an essential part of the job since you will wear many hats, juggle multiple projects at once, and be expected to efficiently solve a host of unique challenges each day.
Responsibilities/The main aspects of this role will involve:
- Create fresh merchandise design assets for our guerilla marketing efforts targeting the 18–22 year old college-age market
- Proactive thinker that keeps a strong pulse on trends and is able to conceptualize to fit the bumble brand
- Work closely with the Creative Team, to own projects from concept to completion, collaborating with other teams including but not limited to Field and Marketing
- Create engaging, unique concepts that bring the brand to life, answer company-wide goals, and delight our users (designing a variety of marketing assets, including but not limited to print, packaging, production, merchandise, digital, and mobile)
- Maintain Bumble’s brand standards and help enforce brand guidelines as growth continues into new markets and ensure cross-functional brand strategy
- Some professional design experience, preferably at an agency or in-house team
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent typography, vector and illustration skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly execute designs while juggling many simultaneous projects in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills and willingness to go above and beyond to meet deadlines and produce visuals of the utmost quality and brand integrity
- Ability to present work and articulate design thinking with a strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Sketch is a plus
- Motion graphics skills are a plus
- Passionate: being aware of current industry trends while looking outside of the world of design for new inspiration
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Excited about working in an extremely fast-paced environment, completing simultaneous priorities under tight timelines and flexible to adapt when necessary
- A team player, and proactive contributor who is equally comfortable working autonomously and in a team
- Confident leader and challenger of ideas
- Strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Unafraid to hustle
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.