Data Analyst Lead
London, UK /
Bumble – Business Intelligence /
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is expanding its analytical function again. We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst Lead to be part of an established team. You will be leading a team of five bright and savvy analysts that is rapidly expanding, part of a larger team of analysts and data scientists to work on a wide range of data challenges: evaluate product features, user behavioural pattern mining, A/B test results, PR materials and fun facts, revenue / user churn predictions, competitor reports, effect of marketing campaigns, social media data scraping and sentiment analysis (NLP), forecasting models and much, much more. If you enjoy leading a team, helping them grow and develop, this is your chance!
We constantly review and extend our tool stack to remain current. Continuous learning is a crucial part of the job. We participate regularly in conferences, meetups, training and internal hackathons. If many of the following speak to you, we would like to hear from you!
- Lead a team of great analyst, help them grow and achieve their career goals
- Take the responsibilities of leading the Badoo analytics function, unlocking insights that will help impress the experience of our 500M+ users.
- Help growing the team technically and on their soft skills.
- Deliver actionable insights to product, marketing, billing, engineering and operations teams
- Perform analysis across a variety of data topics and help solve challenges such as interpreting split test results, predicting user behaviours and finding top performing user segments
- Take the lead on new exploratory research projects in a wide variety of areas
- Contribute to ongoing infrastructure improvements, e.g. our Python library
- Push innovation in our tech and processes
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- People management experience, patience and ability to listen.
- Ability to engage well with other parts of the business such as developers, product managers and senior management
- Great business understanding and keen to lead and contribute to projects
- A proactive approach to identify and resolve problems
- Experience in presenting findings to varying audiences (technical and non-technical stakeholders) and catering presentation style appropriately
- Excellent Python skills: pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, IPython/Jupyter/Data Visualisation: D3.js, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, ggplot (any of the above)
- Experience in A/B testing analysis: significance analysis, non-parametric methods, bootstrapping
- A strong attention to detail and a clear and concise writing style
DESIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Data Modeling
- Version Control (git)
Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with a combined user base of over 600 million globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.
The Bumble app
With over 100 million users, Bumble connects people across dating (Bumble Date), friendship (Bumble BFF) and professional networking (Bumble Bizz). No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognises the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality - and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero-tolerance for hate, aggression, or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent.
The Badoo app
Launched in 2006, Badoo is the dating app that encourages its users to date honestly. Badoo operates in 190 countries and is available in 51 different languages, making it the world's most widely-used dating network. The app is available on iOS, Android, and the web.
We truly value our employees and we believe it is important to provide an environment that supports your wellbeing. Life at Bumble in London includes:
* Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
* £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
* Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
* Private Dental Insurance
* Babylon Health app
* Mental health support
* Enhanced parental leave, including a highly competitive maternity package
* Subsidised gym membership
*'Double matched’ pension contributions up to 6%
* Plus loads of generous perks when we are in the office including breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily massages, free haircuts on-site, discounted nail services, regular socials, parties and family days.
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.