Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Strategy & Insights
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a pragmatic, collaborative, and analytical Strategist (mid or senior level) to support strategy, analytics, and growth in the Americas. This role will report to the Vice President of Strategy and work closely with the market leads in the Americas (including United States, Canada, Mexico).
The Americas Strategist will be instrumental in working across markets to analyze and facilitate growth, serve as a thought partner to market leaders in the organization, and execute on key analyses in support of strategic priorities. This individual will provide counsel, insights & daily reports to support marketing decisions made in the Americas.
Location: This role will be based in our Austin office.
Markets covered: United States, Canada, Mexico + additional markets as needed
- Analyzing market-specific strategic priorities
- Develop a deep understanding of Bumble and the social networking industry (e.g., societal and cultural trends, competitive analysis, market sizing)
- Perform analysis using data from internal systems and draw conclusions that are communicated visually and / or in digestible formats
- Collaborate with each market to analyze past performance and problem-solve potential commercial implications
- Cross-pollinate strategic ideas and learnings across key markets (and within overall Strategy Department)
- Support country leads in building robust marketing toolkit
- Monitor overall business performance against key metrics and provide insights to inform commercial decisions
- Perform ad-hoc analytical support for various strategic projects or initiatives
- Perform post-mortems on key marketing activations globally to inform future decisions
- Develop strategic insights & go-to-market strategies by market
- Identify strategic questions to drive growth by market and calculate TAM, develop go-to market strategy, and collaborate with market lead
- Perform regular brand equity studies to inform market-level business health
- Serve as a thought partner to each market lead in pressure testing go-to-market strategies (e.g., channel, spend, audience, etc)
- Executing on strategic priorities
- Interface with finance, product, and market leadership teams to problem solve commercial implications of findings
- Work with broader strategy & analytics team and business intelligence teams to identify and mine relevant data
- Monitor strategy deployment and impacts on performance
- Prepare and present on progress to goal overall and by markets
- Partnering with market leads on strategic priorities
- Communicate complex findings & strategic insights with market leads (e.g., market the insights)
- Push & pull on insights/strategy/analytics with market lead(s) to serve as collaborative and strong thought partner
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing or similar / equivalent experience
- Preferred: 2-3 years in management consulting, experience with technology / social connection platforms and / or consumer-facing go to market strategies
- Clear and effective communication (verbal, written)
- Analytical and creative problem solver – with the ability to understand art + science
- Independent thinker with an ownership mindset
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Experience in some or all markets mentioned above preferred
- Experience working across time zones with remote teams preferred
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.