Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Legal
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is seeking a legal counsel with a strong contract and commercial background to handle a range of fast moving matters in the US. Reporting to the Director, Legal Affairs in Austin and working closely with the legal team at MagicLab, the role would suit a corporate/commercial lawyer looking to branch out in-house in a more business centered role, and work within a small and dynamic team.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts (including marketing agreements, partnership agreements, advertising insertion orders, event production agreements, talent endorsement agreements and sponsorship agreements)
- Provide strategic and practical advice on commercial contract terms and associated risks to the relevant business stakeholders in an easy-to-digest format
- Work closely with MagicLab’s brand protection team to ensure protection of Bumble intellectual property
- Monitor updates in relevant legal landscape in order to timely and effectively implement compliance changes
- Assist in developing, maintaining and improving legal guidelines, policies, internal trainings and standard form agreements
- Collaborate with colleagues across time zones globally
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- J.D. with bar admission (TX or NY preferred)
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong contract and commercial experience and excellent drafting skills
- Knowledge of laws governing marketing, advertisements and promotions
- Knowledge of privacy, data protection and consumer protection requirements
- Resilient; able to provide advice confidently and effectively
- Superior communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to adapt communication style to suit a particular situation
- Ability to work autonomously and desire to take ownership of projects
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Previous experience in-house or in the tech industry a plus
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Bumble, the women-first social networking platform, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. With nearly 90 million users, Bumble connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.