Senior UX Researcher
MagicLab – Product & Design
The MagicLab group is growing, and it’s exciting! By joining us, you’ll be working on some of the top dating and social brands in the industry. Our family includes Badoo, Bumble, Chappy, Lumen and Quack. The features we design and build are delivered to millions of people across the globe.
The company was founded in 2006, and since our launch we have grown exponentially. Across the group we have offices in London, Malta, Moscow and the United States. This role will be based in London.
The design team
This role will sit in our design team. We are a team of 15, designing for 600 million registered users across our product suite. We value hard work, embrace ownership, and operate with autonomy. We have created a collaborative environment that encourages personal growth, whilst inspiring each other to innovate and create a better experience for our users. We are just as social as our products! You can check out our Instagram, Behance and Dribbble to get a sense of who we are.
We are aiming to expand our research function within the next quarter, so are looking for 2 talented UX researchers to come onboard.
*Please include your portfolio in your application*
- Plan and execute independent research across different dating apps within the MagicLab Group
- Facilitate the collaboration of cross-functional team members throughout product development cycle with HCD/design thinking approaches
- Adapt a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methods and answer challenging questions in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with designers, product managers and data scientists to inform product strategy
- Act as the guardian - make sure impactful insights are delivered efficiently from defining research questions to communicating the findings
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- You have 4+ years of experience in applied product research. Ideally in in-house product design team.
- You are comfortable conducting research independently, planning and communicating your findings.
- You have experience in mixed methods research in an agile product development environment.
- You have a deep understanding in human-centered design process and you are experienced in facilitating design sprint/design thinking workshop with multidisciplinary members.
- You have a portfolio with case studies showcasing your research projects.
- You are self-motivated with an ability to meet deadlines
- You are proactive and happy to take initiative
- Lastly, you will have a good sense of humour