Designer - Design Systems
MagicLab – Product & Design
Magic Lab is the group behind products like Badoo, Bumble, Chappy and Lumen. Our family of products is constantly growing and it’s exciting! By joining us, you’ll be working on some of the top dating and social brands in the industry. The features we design and build are delivered millions of people across the globe. The company was founded in 2006, and since our launch we have grown exponentially. Across the group we have offices in London, Malta, Moscow and the United States. This role will be based in London.
The design team
This role will sit in our design team. We are a team of 15, designing for 600 million registered users across our product suite. We work in a welcoming, inclusive and collaborative environment that encourages personal growth, whilst inspiring each other to innovate and create a better experience for our users. We value hard work, embrace ownership, and operate with autonomy. We are just as social as our products! You can check out our Instagram, Behance and Dribbble, or visit our dedicated website badoo.design to get a sense of who we are.
The design system
Our design system - called “Cosmos” - was born two years ago as a simple style-guide. Since then it has largely evolved, becoming a fully evolved and mature design system. Today Cosmos works across multiple products (Badoo, Bumble, Chappy, Quack) and platforms (web, iOS, Android). Cosmos plays a central role in the design of the UI of our products: it involves not only our designers, but also many developers from multiple teams, and has the full support and buy-in of the management. Of course, a Design System is never finished: the more it grows and gets adopted, the more dedicated resources it requires. For this reason, we have decided to look for a talented designer with design systems experience to come on board, join the Cosmos team and help to take the system to the next level of its evolution.
- Manage, update, and evolve our design system across 5 different products and 3 platforms.
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for the system, in the short, medium and long term
- Define and evangelise our design language and system (including UX/UI patterns, components, micro interactions, layouts etc.)
- Work and collaborate on a daily basis with the other people involved with the design system
- Work cross-functionally with designers, engineers and product managers to implement and continually update the design language and the design of its components
- Provide documentation and usage guidelines for components and patterns within the system
- Continuously think about how to improve the experience of our users
- You have 3+ years of experience in product design (mobile design preferably)
- You are passionate about a well-structured approach to UX/UI design, you care a lot about consistent user experience.
- You have a portfolio with case studies showcasing your product design projects (design systems will be a plus)
- You can think systematically and work on the design of a UI/UX in term of components
- You are a creative and well-organised designer, who pays equal attention to detail and big-picture
- You are proactive and happy to take initiative
- You are comfortable working closely with development (knowledge of UI-related technologies like HTML/CSS, or iOS/Android UI guidelines, will be a plus).
- Lastly, you will have a good sense of humour :)