Marketing Strategy Manager
Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a pragmatic, collaborative, and analytical Marketing Strategy Manager to support strategic marketing projects for our executive team, especially the CMO & VP, Marketing, both as an analyst driving insights and a project coordinator managing multiple priorities.
The Marketing Strategy Manager will be instrumental in working cross-functionally to analyze and facilitate growth, dig into business opportunities and answer key questions, serve as a thought partner to executives in the organization, and execute on key analyses in support of strategic priorities. This individual will provide counsel, insights & reports to support to guide key business decisions.
- Act as support to CMO and VP, Marketing for all cross team communication, project management and reporting to internal stakeholders. Prep for meetings/calls, take notes on key action-items, and distribute follow up items Help create organized processes to follow when Marketing team is working with internal departments and external agencies
- Develop a deep understanding of Bumble and the dating & social networking industry (e.g., societal and cultural trends, competitive analysis, market sizing)
- Collaborate cross functionally within marketing teams as well as strategy and insights teams to analyze past performance and problem-solve potential commercial implications
- Perform ad-hoc analytical support for various strategic projects or initiatives
- Coordinate and perform monthly marketing updates for Bumble’s exec team and board on a monthly basis Interface with cross-team (marketing, product, operations, etc) to solve commercial implications of research findings
- Monitor project deployment and impacts on performance
- Prepare and present on progress to goal overall and by markets
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, Finance, or similar / equivalent experience
- Preferred: 3+ years in management consulting, experience with technology / social connection platforms and / or consumer-facing marketing
- Clear and effective communication (verbal, written)
- Analytical and creative problem solver – with the ability to understand art + science
- Independent thinker with an ownership mindset
- Proficient in GSuite, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint/Keynote/GSheets
- Experience working across geography, time zones, and with remote teams preferred
- Resilient and able to adapt to changing demands and conditions
- Ability to perform highly in extremely fast-paced environments
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with excellent time management
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.