Senior Brand Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover
Bumble – Marketing & Partnerships
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a smart, creative, and data-driven Senior Marketing Manager to help innovate, evolve and grow the brand within the UK market. This role will be responsible for setting and leading the always-on marketing strategy and executing marketing programs for the UK & Ireland with a focus on experiential, influencers, and brand partnerships.
This role will manage a small team, working cross-functionally across departments to bring the brand to life nationally. The position will be based in the London office and report to the Associate Director, EMEA Marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO: Strategic Marketing & Communications Management
- Lead a small team to produce strategic creative initiatives to drive always-on marketing; develop and localise brand guidelines, strategy, and supporting assets.
- Build and execute consumer marketing plans across owned, earned and paid channels.
- Analyse consumer and audience insights to translate them into marketing, community development, and/or growth strategies.
- Always thinking with a global mindset on how to tactically talk to new and existing customers in local markets.
- Monitor, analyse and measure the effectiveness of brand and consumer marketing initiatives to develop insights and make recommendations.
- Effectively communicate different strategies and plans to external agencies, brand partners, talent and talent representatives.
Events & Brand Partnerships
- Manage the strategy, implementation, and optimisation of strategic partnerships.
- Identify partners and build a pipeline of consumer partnerships that can help us achieve our marketing objectives.
- Secure partnerships that can help Bumble acquire new customers and drive incremental order growth; build a scalable and sustainable pipeline of acquisition partnerships.
- Secure partnerships that can help Bumble increase its top of mind awareness and consideration with key demographics.
- Tactical and long term partnerships - build out a calendar of partnership activity; a mix of strategic "always-on" partnerships, and impactful tactical partnerships.
Cross-functional relationships within Bumble
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Marketing Manager:Brand & Campaigns to develop and execute communications and content strategies.
- Partner with the internal creative teams and external agencies to plan, manage, and oversee the execution of always-on brand marketing deliverables.
- Work closely with strategy & insights team to gauge changing customer aspirations to constantly review and refresh communication strategies to ensure we stay relevant to customers and strengthen our brand equity to them accordingly.
Budget & Operation Management
- Manage and track marketing budgets and ensure effective budget utilisation.
- Drafting agreements and liaising with the International Operations team and/or legal team to define commercial and contractual information for marketing initiatives.
- Facilitate the relationship between teams, drive projects forward, and effectively allocate resources
- Build, lead and manage a small team, identify key strength and growth opportunities for team members to maintain a high performing team
- 7+ year of relevant work experience at marketing agencies or client-side marketing, with a preference for at least 2 years in Marketing on the client-side in the consumer internet space of technology or lifestyle brands
- Commitment to high creative standards and pushing for constant innovation.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively and cross-functionally with strong negotiation skills and a positive attitude
- Creative problem-solving skills and a solutions-focused mindset
- Strong budget and project management skills, attention to detail and communication
- Excellent communication, presentation, management and interpersonal skills
- Good relationship builder and maintainer with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience managing/influencing individuals and agencies, building teams/networks and communicating across national boundaries
- Marketing/communications strategy experience is an advantage
- An understanding of the digital and content media platforms is a strong advantage
- Fluent (professional) written and oral English
- You have great communication, negotiation and influencing skills and natural team leader, you are not afraid to get stuck in and help out the team when the going gets tough
- Comfortable with regional travel to meet with local agencies and attend activities
- Take initiative in handling projects and anticipating needs
- Positive, committed, 'can-do' attitude and flexible approach
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Able to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.