Product Web Designer
MagicLab – Product & Design
Magic Lab is growing, and it’s exciting! By joining us, you’ll be working on some of the top dating and social brands in the industry. Our family includes Badoo, Bumble, Chappy and Lumen. The features we design and build are delivered to millions of people across the globe.
The company was founded in 2006, and since our launch we have grown exponentially. Across the group we have offices in London, Malta, Moscow and the United States. This role will be based in London.
The design team
This role will sit in our design team. We are a team of 15, designing for 600 million registered users across our product suite. We value hard work, embrace ownership, and operate with autonomy. We have created a collaborative environment that encourages personal growth, whilst inspiring each other to innovate and create a better experience for our users. We are just as social as our products! You can check out our Instagram, Behance and Dribbble to get a sense of who we are.
We are aiming to expand our research function within the next quarter, so are looking for a Product Web Designer to come onboard.
- Take design ownership of the Badoo Web app with millions of MAU (https://badoo.com/) and recently launched Bumble Web (https://bumble.com/app)
- Build and maintain our design systems
- Work as a full-stack designer: you will take projects from conceptual ideas through to UX/UI concepts, final user flows, prototypes and assets delivery
- Be comfortable working across small tasks (such as increasing CTR on a particular screen) as well as working on the product’s key features
- Keep up to date with the latest guidelines and trends for mobile design
- Work in 1 week sprints in a SCRUM / Kanban hybrid, to tight deadlines as an integral part of the development process
- Work collaboratively with the design team - share your ideas and feedback on other designers work, as well as presenting your pixel perfect designs with confidence to founders and developers
- Continuously think about how to improve the experience of our users, and improve existing functionality
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years experience in designing web / mobile user interfaces
- Experience working through multiple product build and release cycles (requirements > design > development > release > analysis)
- Experience creating elegant solutions to complex user experience problems
- Strong visual design skills evidenced by examples of where you’ve created pixel-perfect consumer products
- Expert level in Sketch
- Experience in creating interactive prototypes (Ideally Principle or Pixate, Proto.io, Invision also desirable)
- Experience creating navigation and page layout/templates, functional design, iconography, look and feel and style guides
- Strong typographic layout skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Self-motivated with an ability to hit deadlines and work independently
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- An eye for detail
- Proactive and happy to take initiative