Senior Data Scientist
London, UK /
Bumble – Business Intelligence /
We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a number of Senior Data Scientist to join our team and assist us in using data science to deliver effective results. Together with us you will develop machine learning models to serve a variety of areas within the business; Product, Marketing, Billing teams and so on. With millions of images and messages exchanged on our platform every day, there is a wealth of opportunity to make a real difference in this role and help people to find love all over the world! The ideal candidate combines strong business acumen, extensive experience in machine learning applications along with a passion for tech.
- Deliver impactful business results through the development and delivery of cutting-edge machine learning models
- Leverage Big Data tools and techniques in order to build innovative solutions using appropriate modelling techniques
- Assist in driving improvements to our current prediction modelling infrastructure in terms of process, performance and testing
- Work with large, complex data sets whilst solving challenging business problems
- Collaborate with internal business stakeholders, data scientists and engineers in order to identify improvement opportunities from an AI perspective
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrable experience implementing machine learning models; from initial conception right through to the final productionalised model
- Extremely confident in terms of programming and scripting (strong Python essential)
- High familiarity with libraries such as scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras, pandas, numpy
- Strong statistical modelling background
- Python web development (Tornado, Flask) experience is desirable
- Ability to combine business intuition with the application of advanced solutions
- A passion for keeping up with the latest ongoings in Data Science and Machine Learning communities
- A curious mind, self-starter and endlessly keen to learn and develop themselves professionally
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours
* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
* ‘Random Coffee’ - connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
* ‘First Fridays’ - meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
About Bumble: Bumble is the parent company that operates Badoo and Bumble, two of the world’s largest dating and connection apps with millions of users globally. The Bumble app was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. Bumble is majority-owned by Blackstone and has over 600 employees in offices in Austin, London, and Moscow.