Senior Data Scientist
Bumble – Business Intelligence
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team and assist us in using data science to deliver effective results. Together with us you will develop machine learning models to serve a variety of areas within the business; Product, Marketing, Billing teams and so on. With millions of images and messages exchanged on our platform every day, there is a wealth of opportunity to make a real difference in this role and help people to find love all over the world! The ideal candidate combines strong business acumen, extensive experience in machine learning applications along with a passion for tech.
- Deliver impactful business results through the development and delivery of cutting-edge machine learning models
- Leverage Big Data tools and techniques in order to build innovative solutions using appropriate modelling techniques
- Assist in driving improvements to our current prediction modelling infrastructure in terms of process, performance and testing
- Work with large, complex data sets whilst solving challenging business problems
- Collaborate with internal business stakeholders, data scientists and engineers in order to identify improvement opportunities from an AI perspective
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- PhD/MSc in Artificial Intelligence/Computer Science or other such related field
- Demonstrable experience implementing machine learning models; from initial conception right through to the final productionalised model
- Extremely confident in terms of programming and scripting (strong Python essential)
- High familiarity with libraries such as scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras, pandas, numpy
- Strong statistical modelling background
- Python web development (Tornado, Flask) experience is desirable
- Ability to combine business intuition with the application of advanced solutions
- A passion for keeping up with the latest ongoings in Data Science and Machine Learning communities
- A curious mind, self-starter and endlessly keen to learn and develop themselves professionally
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 70 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.