Director of PR, India
Bumble – PR/Communications
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Summary: This role will be responsible for setting and leading the PR and comms strategy for Bumble in India with a focus on brand messaging, press and media relations. This role will be responsible for managing a PR agency and a direct report. The role will be based in Mumbai and report into the APAC Associate Director of PR + Comms based in Sydney.
- Lead on developing robust quarterly PR and comms plans in partnership with the local and global marketing teams
- Manage a local PR agency and manage one direct report, including support on goal setting and training
- Build and maintain relationships with top-tier, consumer reporters; serve as a resource for news media to help develop national stories and garner positive, quality coverage for Bumble
- Act as media relations lead in India for all inbound press inquiries and pitch brand features, as necessary
- Coordinate interviews between spokespeople and reporters, prepare messaging, prep spokespeople, staff interviews and provide constructive feedback
- Develop and lead on the implementation of communications strategies, and other proactive communications initiatives, that communicate Bumble’s core values of equality, kindness, respect, inclusivity, safety and empowerment in each market
- Draft written materials including press releases, pitches and localized brand messaging that ensure a cohesive brand narrative for Bumble across all its markets
- Oversee PR-led brand campaigns across India, working collaboratively across teams
- Support overarching global brand campaigns, product announcements and company news by developing a localized strategy to amplify local interest and secure local press placements
- Work collaboratively with marketing teams on communications campaigns related to brand partnerships, sponsorships, events, experiential activations, cultural moments or other marketing initiatives that are relevant to press
- Develop communications plans and initiatives that target new audiences and opportunities for growth, while helping support the company’s broader business goals
- Monitor the effectiveness of communications campaigns on brand awareness and user acquisition, and use these learnings to develop insights and make recommendations
- Be responsible for providing recommendations and escalating reputation and issues management to appropriate teams
- Opportunity to act as a brand spokesperson when required
Qualifications and competencies:
- 8-10 years relevant industry experience, with specific experience in consumer communications and PR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound project management skills with the ability to manage multiple missions in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing effectiveness with efficiency
- Strategic mindset, but must be able to execute at a tactical level; Flexible to adapt to changing priorities, ability to react quickly and work against tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in managing individuals and agencies, building teams/networks and communicating across time zones
- A strong understanding of all media platforms
- Comfortable with regional travel to meet with local agencies + teams and attend activities
- A strong believer in Bumble’s brand vision and values
- Able to work as an individual as well as a team player
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- You have a strong understanding of the public relations and communications
- You have great internal and external communication, negotiation and influencing skills and are a natural team leader and team player. You are not afraid to help out the team when the going gets tough
- You have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and flexible approach
- You are a self-starter - you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- You are able to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives
- You love working in a fast-paced environment
- You are unafraid to hustle, hustle, hustle!
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Bumble, the women-first social networking platform, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. With nearly 90 million users, Bumble connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.