Austin, TX, US
Bumble – Finance and Accounting
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented AP Coordinator to join our growing accounting team. The AP Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring accounts payable deadlines are met while building relationships with vendors and cross-functional departments. This role reports directly to the Assistant Controller and will be located at our office in Austin, Texas.
The AP Coordinator has the opportunity to join our small but mighty Accounting team and quickly build their accounting knowledge and experience! This person must love details, organization, and, most importantly, hustling in a fun and fast-paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Process all electronic AP invoices on a timely basis Research payments and organize AP tracking to ensure proper payment to vendors
- Work directly with vendors to research and resolve discrepancies, handle unpaid invoices, and reconcile vendor statements
- Audit and approve employee expense reports via Concur as well as communicate and enforce the company’s travel and business expense policy
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve vendor document collection and invoice processing problems; resolve issues with internal partners and external vendors
- Actively manage the Accounting inbox by responding timely to vendor and employee inquiries
- Work proactively to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness when processing invoices
- Assist with the preparation of 1099s at year-end Assist in month-end accrual procedures Assist in audit work and support as applicable Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned Be able to work on a global scale with teams in various countries
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience at a global company
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or a related field
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Must understand the concept of coding to the General Ledger
- Background in start-up environment preferred
- Microsoft Excel expert and ability to run pivot tables
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast, multi-tasking environment
- Proven record to work independently and effectively within or across teams
- Experience with SAP Business One is a plus
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive Bumble's success and growth.
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Bumble, the women-first social networking platform, was founded by CEO Whitney Wolfe Herd in 2014. With nearly 90 million users, Bumble connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. They've built their platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and their users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 150 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over a billion women-led first moves and over fifteen billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.