Bumble – Engineering
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Our iOS team is made of dynamic and fun-loving coders at the top of their game! We take pride in our work, love our crew and live & breathe iOS. As part of our team, you will own and drive technical projects from specification through to delivery and beyond. You will impact millions of users, share know-how with the community and experiment a lot. If you get a buzz from taking initiative, redefining expectations but also getting involved in challenging technical debates with the team, this is your place.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver features
- Mind performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Write efficient, maintainable and reusable code and tests. Pass code reviews and be a good scout in general
- Be an efficient and responsible team member, communicate, participate and help
- Work with QA in a weekly release cycle
- Be enthused about teamwork in an AGILE environment: attend daily stand-ups, plan and demo your projects
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Product-focused iOS application development experience
- Evidence of delivering consumer facing, mass market, networked, high-performance iOS applications available in the App Store
- Up to date with the latest Cocoa and iOS trends
- Understanding of UIKit, Core Animation, GCD & Networking
- Excellent understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of analytics, remote reporting and measurements
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing on iOS
- Knowledge of socket based networking desirable
- Experience performance profiling with instruments in Xcode
- Think, live and breathe Cocoa
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role!
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 55 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.